Activate Nexus 6 on VZW Business Account
randrewfox

Hey everyone,

I want to activate a Nexus 6 (bought from the Google store, not Verizon) on a VZW Business account.

I was told that if I was to activate a sim card on a different phone, and then switch the sim to my Nexus 6, it would show up as "Non-verizon" phone and not be able to work properly with the Business Account.

Is there a special procedure to getting this device working properly (sharing data, etc.) on a Verizon Business account?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activate Nexus 6 on VZW Business Account
rcschnoor
Legend

Depends on what you mean by "working properly"? The device will work on Verizon however some functionality will not be available as it is not a phone supported by Verizon.

Functionality not supported by Verizon on this phone would include but is not limited to wifi calling. Not sure what other functionality would be missing. If you simply want to add it to your account with a shared data allowance, you would be able to send/receive calls and use the data.

There is no special procedure to get the additional functionality other than to persuade Verizon to start supporting this phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Depends on what you mean by "working properly"? The device will work on Verizon however some functionality will not be available as it is not a phone supported by Verizon.

Functionality not supported by Verizon on this phone would include but is not limited to wifi calling. Not sure what other functionality would be missing. If you simply want to add it to your account with a shared data allowance, you would be able to send/receive calls and use the data.

There is no special procedure to get the additional functionality other than to persuade Verizon to start supporting this phone.

0 Likes
randrewfox

hmm okay. I was told that it would not be billed properly if we got the Nexus 6 (non-verizon) activated.

I'll have to contact the VZW rep we have directly and ask again.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I would imagine that Mobile Hot Spot and Visual Voicemail wouldn't work.

0 Likes