Account help -- is this possible?
mistrhanky

I am a Verizon employee.

I have a family plan, an old one, at a good price(therefore, not willing to change out of my old plan).

The primary line is under my wifes name.

I want to upgrade my phone, and add the 4g data plan, but I want to get my employee discount on the data plan. I am pretty sure the discount only applies to the primary number.

Is there any way to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Account help -- is this possible?
rcschnoor
Legend

It explains it right on this page. Right under the data section there is a little statement " 2GB data package not eligible for discounts."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Just keep in mind, employee discounts are not applicable to the $30/2GB data plan. You must get the $50 data plan to qualify for employee discounts.

As to only the primary number qualifying for an employee discount on data, I can't be sure. On my account, my wife got a smartphone a year or two prior to me getting a smartphone. As a result, her line was the only line with a data plan at the time, although my line was the primary line. I was still able to get an employee discount on the data plan for her line. After I switched to a smartphone and got a data plan, the employee discount switched to the data plan on my line and the data plan on her line no longer received an employee discount.  I do not know if this would still be the case.

0 Likes
mistrhanky

Wow. I knew it did not apply to the 300mb plan, but not even the 2GB plan. The verizon chat person told me that the discount is available. I guess I need to go into a store and figure out for sure.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It explains it right on this page. Right under the data section there is a little statement " 2GB data package not eligible for discounts."

0 Likes
mistrhanky

Well, that certainly seems pretty clear. I think I will check in store anyway. I do appreciate your reply. I wonder if there are some other discounts this could refer to instead of employee discounts. I also notice that this page seems a bit out of date as it does not mention the 300mb/$20 plan at all for data. I know that one does not get a discount for sure, but it is still offered to me on the family plan when I go through the Verizon website. So, I suppose I am hanging on to a whisper of hope but suspect you are right. Unfortunately, it probably means no upgrade for me then.

0 Likes