Absolutely Awful customer service!!
Dara1109

My husband and I upgraded from the iphone 5S to the iphone 6 back in August. Part of the agreement was to return our old phones back to Verizon in the envelopes they provided. We did that but Verizon has yet to credit our account even as of today October 22, 2015. I contacted Verizon when we got our new monthly bill because it was over $650.00, I was told they received the phones but that it takes a few days for it to process. I checked back a few days later and was told the same thing. I called again and was told he was not sure why they would not have credited us yet but that he would personally take care of it and call me back within 48 hours. That did not happen. I called today which at this point I'm still sitting on the phone with another guy approaching an hour of sitting on the phone which at one point at least 30 mins of him not saying anything til I asked if he was still there. He has informed me that yes both phones were received in early September even though we were not credited but one of the phones was put in wrong and thats why it had not shown as received. Regardless I have gotten a different story everytime I Have called and now at an hour and 5 mins of sitting on the phone Im told to check back in 2-3 days to see if they finally did what they were saying. I'm so irritated by the way this has been handled well or not been really. A customer should not have to make several phone calls to have a problem resolved especially when its not the customers fault but is the one being penalized.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Absolutely Awful customer service!!
Paacc_2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent 4 phones back in early July after doing an early upgrade that Verizon offered me.  They received 3 of the phones.  I PUT THEM ALL IN ONE BOX!!!!!  I have called 4 times now with no resolution.  Looking at chats and the Verizon community, I see many, many problems similar to mine.  Now I am benig charged $320.  I have been with Verizon since 1998 but it may be time for a switch.

Dara1109

As of now they have credited me back 1 phone but had to open yet another ticket for the warehouse AGAIN and check back fri and if not then again on Monday. This crap makes me want to go back to Sprint. I wish I could bill Verizon for the hours I wasted on the phone with them

0 Likes
Paacc_2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being on the phone for awhile, I was told that the lost phone has now been found but was not credited  correctly.  So now another ticket has to be created and the phone has to be sent from the CS center back to Texas to be credited correctly.  WHAT A CROCK..... I will never do a plan with Verizon again where I have to return a phone. Maybe if Verizon starts losing customers they will change a process that is obviously broken.  Found over 200 posts on social media just in a 5 minute search that shows others having the same issue going all the way back to 2013.  CSR was very helpful.  Not her fault.  Something in Texas does not smell right though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to do everything I can to resolve this for you. I have sent you a private message here in our forums. Once you reply to that, I know we can work together to make things better. http://spr.ly/6586BOdxE
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Paacc_2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got an ugly text today stating my bill was severely past due.  My story has been told to many people at Verizon as I have been calling since July.  Last conversation I has with a manager revealed that my lost phone was found and was being sent to Texas for credit.  I even received a text on 10/29 that the returned phone has been received.  I am very tired of this.  4 months to credit a phone is ridiculous.  IT WAS IN THE SAME BOX WITH 3 OTHER PHONES THAT WERE CREDITED WITHIN A WEEK AFTER I SENT THEM!!  I need someone that can resolve this ASAP to contact me on Monday 11/9.  I have tried to be nice and patient about this but this text is the last straw.  The text stated that we are severely past due and to pay immediately or our service could be interrupted.  Our cell phones are our only means of communication.  I have kids out of state in college and I have a serious illness and must keep in contact with my doctors.  We cannot afford a lapse in service, especially since this has not been our fault.  I have several letters ready to be sent to the Georgia Better Business Bureau, Georgia Department of Law's Consumer Protection Unit and Roger Tang, Pres, South area, Verizon Wireless and John Granby, Senior VP National Customer Service.  Letters will go out on 11/12 if this not COMPLETELY resolved by end of business on 11/11.  Please respond ASAP.

0 Likes