Absolute Terrible Customer Service Experiences
amanda_7777

After experiencing two terrible customer service interactions I finally feel like I need to voice my experiences in hopes that something will be done.

I went to the Seneca, SC Verizon store to upgrade my phone. After talking with an amazing sales rep on a Wednesday evening I returned the following Friday to upgrade my phone and update my account (apparently my family plan was old and I was needing to switch to the account owner). I ended up getting paired with a female associate who was the RUDEST individual in the world. She was extremely unenthusiastic while helping me, she made it very clear that she was not supposed to close that day but got talked into it by her manager, she did not fully explain how she was changing my plan, and she continuously tried to force extremely expensive add ons onto my purchase (never asking if I wanted anything - just insisting that I needed the $50 case, the car charger - which I already had one, the $30 invisible shield glass). When I attempted to be strong enough to request the cheaper plastic protector that had always worked for me she got very defensive and attempted to guilt me into sticking with the glass. Finally we switched my phone and updated my plan. I then asked what my parents (living in Oklahoma) needed to do to get their upgrades because they don't usually have good experiences when dealing with things like this so I wanted to make it as straight forward and easy for both them and the Verizon associates. She said they just needed to say they were trading in their old phones for new upgrades - it was a current special so it would be super easy. Great.

Not great. My parents and little sister went today to a store in Oklahoma City. First - whatever the girl in Seneca did made it so they were no longer qualified for upgrades. However she altered our plan, we can no longer look at old bills, payments, or anything. Luckily I had saved the emails saying they qualified for upgrades and the associate was able to figure it out after about 30 minutes of telling my parents they didn't qualify and talking to me on the phone so I could attempt to explain this "super easy" situation to them.

BUT this guy was just as bad as the girl. At one point while on the phone I told my mother that they did not need to purchase cases because I already ordered them some and they just needed the thin, plastic screen protectors that come in a pack of 3 for like $13. She repeated it to the guy. Guess what? He continued setting up the phones and putting on the invisible shield glass because this glass was a "necessity." He did not explain what he was doing to my mother or father. He did not ask if it was what they wanted AND HE HEARD MY MOTHER SAY SHE WANTED THE PLAIN PROTECTORS. So he ended up charging us for products we did not ask for, did not want, and could not return because he had already put them on the phones.

So not only did I have a terrible experience, but my family ended up getting taken advantage of. Another trip to Verizon costing much more than ever necessary. I'm afraid to look at what he did with our bill. I am sad that I had a bad experience but I am more angry at the fact that my parents had to go through a 2 and a half hour hassle which made them uncomfortable and ended up costing them much more than necessary. Terrible service across the country. Unfortunately my little brother in Seattle still has to go to upgrade his phone later this month. I am already dreading the day for him...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Absolute Terrible Customer Service Experiences
Weth
Legend

Not easy to do always, but me more assertive.  In buying a recent phone for relative, I went in, stated up front I am only getting the phone, I'll be quick so you can get to your next customer, and if you try to add on anything else, I am walking.  To do this, you must be fully researched and prepared ahead of time. Know exactly what phone, and what plan if there is any change.  Stick to your guns, and be prepared to walk if you must.  He or she will call you back. 

0 Likes
Re: Absolute Terrible Customer Service Experiences
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It truly apologize for this situation . That fact that is happened not once but twice is twice as disheartening. Your time & loyalty mean the world to us & I want to be absolutely sure your voice is heard. I will share your feedback for both these situations with our leadership team. I wanted to send you a private message to get some more information but it seems that you are not following us at this time. http://spr.ly/6580B3H3Q Once you are please let me know & we can move forward. Thanks in advance.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes