A complaint about Verizon
Annie716
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to file a complaint against Verizon for falsely giving me information. On Oct 2nd, I spoke with a rep thru chat and was told that I could now have the More Everything for my acct. and that starting Oct 9th it would bring my bill down to $70 + fees a month. After reviewing my bill for Oct. it was almost double @ $141+ I was promised a lower bill, I was given the run around with excuses. I lost my job and I am on a very limited income until I can get a new job. Having a lower bill is what I was needing and Verizon screwed me on that. Now I am being told that I have to pay this $141+ and that the More everything plan will kick in for Nov. This is an outrage. I have been a customers for many years. When I get help from Verizon they lied to me and didn't give me what I was told and over charged me and WONT remove the charges nor give me the saving on a new plan as requested and promised. I do not have the money to pay this ridiculous bill and I will now have to switch to another company and have to start over. Verizon's incompetence is ridiculous. I should not be held liable for the mistakes the reps make. I should not have a doubled bill, and I should not have to pay it. I want Verizon to correct this mistake and credit my bill now and not make me pay for what I don't want, and credit me later. That is just NOT right. I was told it was effective Oct 9th and was lied to. Someone PLEASE address this ridiculous mistake on your part and do the right thing by me.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: A complaint about Verizon
doowaa

I've got a complaint about the deception that I encountered when renewing my plan.  I was contemplating going to Sprint after seeing how much less some friends were paying for their plans, but thought I'd give Verizon another shot.  Not being the most tech savvy person, when I got a smartphone two years previously, I got duped into a plan that was costing me $150/month.  That was the first thing I mentioned when I went into the store and the manager said he could cut it in half.  I was talked into the Edge plan as it seemed it would save money.  I was told that with buying the new phone on the Edge plan that I would be paying about $40/month.  I knew there were the ridiculous taxes that we all have to pay on service, but I figured it would end up being about $70 - $75/ month for the entire bill.  I kept asking the manager if these numbers were right and he said it was.  Well......,.I just got my latest bill and it is $105!!!  After looking at it, I couldn't find anything in the monthly charges that added up to that amount.  I called customer service and was told that I wasn't adding in the monthly charge for talk and text.  It's not even listed under monthly charges, it's off to the side under "Your Account's Plan" !!!  I asked her if that's a monthly charge and she kept on saying that it's the charge for my account and not a monthly charge.  But it's charged to my account MONTHLY, so it IS a monthly charge.  Logic doesn't come easily to Verizon, but deception seems to.

0 Likes
Re: A complaint about Verizon
mama23dogs
Legend

The pricing plan has been well publicized for well over a year.

your bill has three parts.

1   Line fee of $40. With a discount for using Edge to purchase a phone.  This includes talk and text.

2   Data plan

3.   Equipment, your installment on the phone.

the only way to reduce your cost per month is to have paid for your phone ( no installment due), or reducing your data pool to next to nothing.

0 Likes