A big lie by a company like Verizon??
techlover82

I recently upgraded my phones by renewing my contract. One of my old phones was iPhone 4 8gb, which was in a good shape. The usual price for the used iPhone 4 (e.g., Ebay) was definitely more than $100, but I didn't want to be concerned about the whole process of selling it. So, I decided to trade in. I found two programs, one of which is by Verizon (called Verizon Device Recycling Program). The other one by Amazon.com guaranteed $90, and I had positive experiences with trade-ins of Amazon.com, but as Verizon guaranteed $100, and since it is a big and reliable company (I thought so then), I chose Verizon Recycling program over Amazon.com. Verizon required me to use their own specific yellow envelope (which I found not of good quality), so I followed their instructions carefully not to give any reason to deduct the initial value I received. A week or so later, this morning I got an email saying that my device was received and inspected with the trade-in information saying that my appraised value is $100. Then, 4 hours later, I received another email with a electronic gift card worth $58 without any explanation!! I tried to search information as directed by the link in the email but the link led me to an error message saying that the site has been moved. I googled if there were simlilar experiences. I found many similar cases. I can't believe that a big company like Verizon fools customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A big lie by a company like Verizon??
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I learned along time ago, anytime you send anything in mail, on the promise of getting paid later. Alot of times you will not like the outcome. It is their discretion on how much they will really pay, then you have to fight for more money or get your item back.

0 Likes
markpys
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar negative experience:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/808492

0 Likes
markpys
Enthusiast - Level 3

I resolved my Recycling Program issue by calling VZW customer service.  Read about my experience here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1012287#1012287

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@techlover82,

I can imagine the unpleasant surprise to see that you were not getting the full $100 you were advised!

Have you contacted the Trade in department for assistance to see why you did not receive the full $100. Did the email advise why you were only receiving $58? Did you try replying to the email you received?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
techlover82

Hello, Thanks for your reply. The email I got from Recycling Center said nothing about reasons why I got a lower amount. That’s why I feel uncomfortable. I tried a link provided in the email to the more detailed information, but it led me to an error message, which means the link was wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Techlover82, I can understand how frustrating it can be to click on a dead link. Can you try this one:http://bit.ly/GGnDDC ?

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
techlover82

Thank you. I just check the link you provided. It works. However, the reason section is empty, which should be right because my device had no problem. How can I make this right?

0 Likes