$60 for Unbilled Data From Prior Months
chbaker65

I would like to know why I have been billed $60 for:

Unbilled Data From Prior Months - GB

I live in a rural area, and mobile internet is the only thing we can get out here, aside from switching from alltel's Unlimited data plan, we have had no complaints.

I use NetWorx, Version 5.2.10 64-bit, to monitor my data usage.

It is configured to monitor all data going though the "Novatel Wireless Ethernet Adapter". This includes monitering internet traffic not only from the computer itself, but also any and all devices connected to the internet via Microsoft's "Internet Connection Sharing". This includes our phones as long as we are home and connected to the computer's WiFi.

Data usage reports from NetWorx appear nearly identical to those that appear on the "My Verizon Mobile" app. The largest diference I'v seen (after waiting for the Verizon app to refresh of course) is about half a gigabyte.

I also recieve text messages when I have reached 50%, 75%, and 90% data usage for the month, when I have recieved the 90% message, I disconnect the computer from the internet (which also disconnects any device using internet connection sharing) and only reconnect if necessary.

I have never seen anything say that I have gone over, nor can I find anything on my account page that says I have ever gone over. Any "Unbilled Data From Prior Months" has already been paid for as part of our 20gb monthly plan. Whether you BILLED it or not, it has already been PAID for.

If Verizon fails to see the problem and fix it, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $60 for Unbilled Data From Prior Months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern chbaker65 and I would love to provide additional information. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle.This most often occurs when a customer is on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon Wireless, subsequently causing a delay in when Verizon Wireless bills customers. The usage and charges would still be valid. If you need additional clarity please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern chbaker65 and I would love to provide additional information. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle.This most often occurs when a customer is on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon Wireless, subsequently causing a delay in when Verizon Wireless bills customers. The usage and charges would still be valid. If you need additional clarity please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
chbaker65

I sent a direct message to TominqueBo_VZW a week ago and have not heard back, how long does take to get a response?

0 Likes
chbaker65

I received a text and a call from Verizon today while I was busy at work. I had assumed you asked for my phone number as some form of verification. If I wanted to talk to someone on the phone I would have called myself, We do not have the best reception where we live. I felt it would be easier to use the online forum, I use an antenna for my USB Modem, so my internet reception is much better than my phone. If you can't help me any further on this forum, please tell me so I can stop wasting my time here.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might give another employee a Try I reached out to Jennifer in a Direct Message and she replied back.. here is her Link to her Bio page were you can Follow then send a DM message.. b33

jenniferh_vzw

chbaker65

I can't seem to edit my original post, so i'm going to add a few things here.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

This most often occurs when a customer is on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon Wireless, subsequently causing a delay in when Verizon Wireless bills customers.

It sounds like I'm being billed because Verizon's systems are slow, or because I'm using another carrier's network, and I cannot control which network I use.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

The usage and charges would still be valid.

The charges are only valid if I have gone over, and as I have said in my original post, nothing states that I have ever gone over.

Is there anything I could have done to avoid the unbilled data charge? By the time I am informed of the charge, the usage cycle is already over. During the usage cycle I'm told that I have however much data left, the cycle ends and I'm told how much I used. But then the next bill comes around and basically says "Hey, you know how we said you had plenty of data left last month, well we lied, you owe us $60". Also, the bill does not even say how much I went over, no where does anything say that I have gone over, I'm just being billed $60 with no reasonable explanation.

0 Likes
chbaker65

I can only DM people who are following me, and she did not follow me in return.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup that is correct on DM's  hmm i give it a day or two maybe Jenifer will see's this an she'll contact you. Smiley Happy Happy Thanksgiving.. b

0 Likes