55+ Unlimited Plan Difficulties
Tarpack

I recently (June 2019) upgraded to an additional phone line and two new phones based on the promise of the Verizon rep (over the phone contact for service changes) that the discounted 55+ Unlimited Plan would be available. He assured me this was something he could do and that he would call me back within a week after getting the new line of service and the phones. I live in North Carolina which is not one of the states included in the program currently, but the rep assured me that this was something he could offer. 

It's now a month later and he wasn't able to resolve the issue, nor were other reps after close to 8 hours on the phone with multiple calls. I was even promised that the issue would be escalated and would be resolved since a promise was made to me when I agreed to change my service, but no luck.

Last year there was an offer on my account for the 55+ plan, but I am now being told that the only way this can be provided is if the offer appears on my account again. I'm told that I should keep checking my account to see when the offer may show up, as they are sure it will be there again one day.

Not sure why this plan is so limited as to availability if I qualify based on age and was offered this plan when I made changes to my account. Everyone tries to be helpful, but they can't deliver on the promise.

I am hopeful that someone from Verizon will be able to fulfill the promises that were made regarding the ability to sign up for the 55+ unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Re: 55+ Unlimited Plan Difficulties
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

That's frustrating, they shouldn't have told you that if the offer wasn't there.

My understanding is that the 55+ plan has a stipulation on location, not age. It's listed on the website that details that plan, so if you aren't in one of those areas then it won't give you the offer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer, I expect promises to be kept Tarpack. We want this for you as well and I am so very sorry if there was any miscommunication. I am confident we can get this taken care of and straightened out. We will need to access your account. I have sent you a Private Message so we can begin. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
hmasinda

I was offered this plan over the summer and didn't switch because I still owed on my phone.  I went in yesterday and was told this offer was not available to me.  After 25 years as a customer of Verizon I am now looking into switching to TMobile 55+ Magenta.  It bugs the heck out of me that Verizon cares so little about a loyal customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to hear you are thinking of leaving our family after 25-years hmasinda. We would be sad to see you go. I'm sorry the plan offer is no longer listed on your account. Our promotions and deals do change periodically but I know we will have something for you in the future. Did the representative go over other plan options and ways to decrease your bill each month? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes