4G Service in greater Cleveland
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I commute from zip 44056 to 44070 along I-271 and I-480.  My work location is within two miles of the Cleveland Hopkins airport.  Since the 2nd weekof August 4G service at both locations, and inbetween  has been spotty or non-existent.  My HTC Thunderbolt, which did very nice for quite some time as a 4G phone, is now a 3G slow poke. 

Is Verizon having network issues in greater Cleveland? I can't believe that it would not support 4G services within a two mile radius of the major airport in the region.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Service in greater Cleveland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Djysrv1!

I use my phone all the time when I'm commuting to work, so I know how important it is to have your phone running at top speeds!

I checked my available resources and I didn't see any announced difficulties in or between those areas. 

I would try these steps first:

Power your device off > Pull the battery & sim card > Put all back together

Please advise if you're still having difficulties as we may need to have our network engineers investigate the area.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Please Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pulling the battery and sim card improved the ability of the phone to detect and hold a 3G signal.  4G signals still come and go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again Djysrv1!

Thank you so much for taking those steps. Do you know of anyone else having difficulties in the same areas with Verizon Wireless 4G LTE?  If it just seems to be your phone I would recommend getting a new sim card. You can pick one up for free at a Corporate Verizon Wireless store location.

Keep me posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes