Re: 4G LTE in Ventura/Oxnard?
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Heh, so I have 4G in Moorpark and wanted to see if it's available in Ventura/Oxnard (where I live).  I got to Ventura and, sure enough, 4G disappeared.  Figures it'd stop just short of where I live.  Weak . . .

0 Likes
gulducal

Fantastic! My Motorola and Apple devices show they are connected to Verizon's 4G/LTE network in oxnard this morning. It's about time.

0 Likes
mars_ill

I'm living in the Oxnard area too. I noticed 4G LTE when I was driving around north Oxnard. I live in south Oxnard, near Hueneme pier. Unfortunately, no 4G LTE here. =(

0 Likes
Victeknical

Can someone post an update regarding 4G service in Ventura and Oxnard?  Are the areas where people experienced 4G still active?  Is 4G more widely available in Ventura and Oxnard now?  I'm in Ventura, but have a 3G phone and so can't check it out.  TIA!

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I live in Oxnard and 4G cuts out just short of the 101 Victoria exit (ie, where I live).  So as long as you're driving that direction from Moorpark, you should be fine but expect it to cut out right before you reach Oxnard.  At least that's what I noticed. 

0 Likes
Victeknical

So, it sounds like if you're driving south on the 101 from Moorpark there's 4G coverage right up to the Victoria Ave exit - is that correct?  I live on the north side of the freeway near Victoria and it sounds like there may now be 4G in my area. 

I need to get over to the local Verizon store since I don't know anyone with a 4G device at the moment.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

If you want a 4G device, go ahead and get one but at this point, I wouldn't get one assuming you're going to be able to take advantage of it.  Verizon told me we'd have it on Oxnard over a year ago and we're just NOW getting close.  So if it stops just short of where you are, they make no guarantees to anyone that they'll have it until the end of 2013 and you'd almost be outside of contract by then. 

Just know there are no guarantees with Verizon and their sales people are either a) misinformed b) uninformed or c) full on liars.  Don't EVER take them at their word or promises.  If you still want a 4G device, definitely get one but don't make a decision based on anything they say.  Just a heads up. 

0 Likes
hanna123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does it discharge while connected to the ac or the car chargers????? Mine does all the time!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I don't follow what you're asking . . . are you asking whether the phone discharges faster than the car can supply power to the device?  And are you asking in reference to 4G vs 3G?

I don't fully understand what it is you're asking. 

0 Likes
hanna123
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I plug the phone to charge it in the car or at home, it discharges instead of charging always. sometold me I need a requlated charger, never had to use one befor. Do you have the same problem or have u heard of that?

0 Likes