Re: 4G LTE in Ventura/Oxnard?
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Thing is, when you signed the contract, you basically agreed that spotty 4g service is ok. Like that for all carriers. Doesn't change the fact that verizon 4g craps all over other carriers 4g. Another funny thing is I search "verizon class action lawsuit 4g" and SPRINT came up. hahahaha

Anyway, on the coverage map, there are asteriks***<those. There are a couple of those located on coverage map page. That covers VZW side of things and lets them say "we told you". I know you're upset, but it's not just verizon is shady like this. ALL of them are at one point or another.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I understand your point.  But at the end of the day, cell phone companies should want to keep their customers.  They should try to go above and beyond to keep them if they want to be known for their excellent customer service (or at least be superior in one sense or another).  If a mistake is made, intentional or not, they should want to make that right. 

From what you're saying though, no other company is necessarily any better, and that may be true.  But if one company makes a mistake and says "well, our competition is no better", that's a pretty poor reason to stay with a company.  If all companies are the same, why not try another one in hopes it might be better?  If there's no real reason to stay, nothing that sets them apart or makes them superior, why would someone stay?

My point is if Verizon wants to be known for having good customer service, they should be looking for opportunities to show that they are the superior company.  Otherwise, they're just another company, easily switched out for another.  If that's good enough for them, then I guess they're not worried about losing a few customers here and there.  And maybe that is the case.  I just think it's a crappy business model. 

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Ann,

Can I ask why I seem to get a better, quicker response from you than an actual rep?  They should probably think about hiring you since you're kinda already doing their job for them. 

0 Likes
craig63

I live in the Palmdale-Lancaster area of Ca and I was told the same thing when I purchased an air card for my laptop. I bought it in June 11 and was told in 3 month's that my area would be 4G. No 4G. I call the store and they then said it would be sometime at the end of the year. No prob. Here it is one full year in my contract on no 4G. What a farce. I never would have bought the air card had I known this. Very pissed off to say the least. Now they tell me they don't know when.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, I'll likely switch more on the basis of how they handled the whole situation rather than the fact the STILL don't have 4G.  Realistically, I can accept that there are delays in the process and they can't expect to have EVERYTHING working right away.  I also accept that not every carrier even supports 4G yet so Verizon isn't really behind in this whole process.  What I won't accept is the fact that the employees purposely mislead people, saying they were SIGNIFICANTLY further ahead in the process than they actually were.  I went to the place I bought my phone last week and told them about my situation and they told me they had just got a 4G signal in the store so it will probably be rolled out sometime soon.  Interestingly enough, this was almost exactly what they told me a full YEAR ago.  Half my contract is used up and I haven't been able to use 4G at all (and 3G seems to get worse by the day, in addition to their "updates" that make my Wifi worse and worse). 

So far, it's been Verizon's handling of all situations, whether it's getting information about phones, upcoming services, new fees, etc.  Pretty much everything they roll out (or prepare to do so) has been poorly handled, misleading, and disrespectful to their customers.  It's possible every other carrier is the exact some way but I might as well give someone else a shot.  If I stick around, I know I'm going to be treated like crap and it's at least partially my fault for sticking around and putting up with it.  I can only hope other people are willing to leave out of principle.  But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

0 Likes
Basketballfan

I've been getting 4g all day in Moorpark and Thousand Oaks starting today.  Anybody else have location reports?

0 Likes
Basketballfan

Darn, went back to 3g. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon is probably testing in your area.  May get lucky and be in the batch that gets turned on in late July. 

0 Likes
OCEANCRITTER

4g in Camarillo this morning @7:30am and its still on!!!

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Yep, looks like I got it in Moorpark.  I'll have to check Ventura/Oxnard when I get home today.  They only missed their estimation by 9 months.  I guess by Verizon standards, that's probably pretty fast. 

0 Likes