4G LTE Signal Quality dropped
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Marcy, NY. I have a 4G LTE gateway (MBR1515a) and in the last month, my Received Signal Quality has gone from a consistent -70dbm to about -88dbm. I notice on our smartphones that we have gone from having 4 bars to about 2 bars most of the time. Nothing in or around the house has changed. I assume that Verizon is either overloading the tower I am connecting to, or have started throttling service? What's the deal? Anyone else having issues like this? I am already looking at other carriers, because for the amount of money I pay for data each month, I better be able to use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Signal Quality dropped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Pletlovich

It's important to me that you're able to maintain a reliable 4G LTE connection.  I checked coverage in your area and nothing has been reported recently.  You mentioned that you have a 4G LTE Gateway (MBR1515a).  What type of device is this, a Connected device, embedded wireless card or Jetpack device?  What model smartphones are you using at this location?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Netgear MBR1515a LTE Router that I bought from Verizon. My smartphones, a Droid Razr Maxx HD and a Droid Razr M, also get terrible signal now. I used to get 4-5 bars no problem. I was even sold the additional indoor/outdoor antenna by Verizon, only to find out that testing shows it does little if anything to improve your connection.

Also, what are the plans to build out the network in the Utica/Rome region? I am almost at dial-up speeds during peak usage hours on the network. Is Verizon slowing my connection, or is their network not capable of handling the traffic?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pletlovich-

Let's speed things up.  We want you to take advantage of our reliable service.  What is your zip code?  When did you notice the change in speeds?  Is the trouble only with data speeds or calls as well?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 13403. I noticed the speed change about 1 - 2 months ago. I seem to only have issues with data, not making calls.

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is looking more and more like a network saturation issue. I used to be able to get ~15Mbps download speeds and now I struggle to get 1.5 Mbps. How does a ticket get initiated to ease network congestion in an area. I suspect the tower I am connecting to is located here. I have checked with other users in my area with Verizon devices, and they are all reporting slower speeds on the network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Pletlovich

Thanks for the additional information!  We would need to get some additional information from you to start the ticket process.  I will send you a Direct Message to further assist.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Pletlovich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if this is by design to get customers to abandon hope of getting issues fixed, but your messaging system will not load any of the messages on any of the systems I have tried to access from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never ignore your issues or want you to abandon your quest for help Pletlovich. I'm sorry you're having issues with sending us a private message. You can also reach us via Facebook or Twitter, chat  http://vz.to/1bnHNlm , or by phone at 1-800-922-0204 to file a trouble-ticket.

We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes