Re: 3g to 1x
sspring
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally broke down and did a complete wipe of my phone.  I finally have my 3g back and have for about 24 hours.  I am going to keep a close eye on it.  None of the other suggestions worked.   It took the better part of the day,  I am having trouble getting my e-mail on my phone now and lost all my purchased ringtones and text alert tones.  But at least my data works now!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

brachus12 wrote:

you are completely missing the fact that this is affecting multiple users and that we all seem to be part of the older unlimited plans, which could mean we're older Alltel customers running on the hybrid PRL.

All the old Alltel towers should have been coverted to Verizon towers or shut down by the other company like AT&T that purchased the towers and customer accounts in some areas.  You might wnat to update your PRL so the phones onnects to the right towers in the right order.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nick6

I just reported the same problem in Alabama 35209,35216,35211,35203.  It has been happening for a couple of months, and also my iphone keeps freezing on data.  Can't move the screen at all at times when using Facebook, or other data.  Just got this new phone and new service with Verizon back in the fall.  Rare to have 3g more than just a few minutes at a time.  And some spots that I am in most of the day I can't even receive phone calls inside the buildings, have to walk outside for service and then most of the time the calls are dropped, especially in the 35209 zip!

0 Likes
IceBox84

I have one of the current plans and my iPhone 4S is constantly going into 1X. Inside, outside, middle of a field, or in my office at work.

So far I've done a system restore... dialed 228 and updated there..... tryed switching to airplane mode and back.... hard reset. There has been times that my phone has been stuck in 1X for hours at a time. Sometime I can restart and get 3G back if I'm lucky. 

0 Likes
IceBox84

Also, I'm in Tulsa OK 74135

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IceBox84,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your data signal. Have you always had issues in these areas? Have you had your device replaced before? I do see your area may have network opportunities.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
IceBox84

LindseyT_VZW

No, I have only had these issues for close to 3 months now. At first I thought maybe I was just in an area without a good signal. Then it started happening more frequently to the point where I started looking up this issue to find a fix. Hence the *228, factory restore, hard reset, and switching airplane mode on and off.

No, I have not been issued a replacement device for my iPhone 4S. I do not know if this is device related or service related so I have yet to contact customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IceBox94,

We want you to have the service you deserve! Are you having service issues everywhere? Indoors and outdoors? Does the service improve when you leave your home area?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nick6

Yes it does improve ! Actually had better

Service in Montreal Canada than I do

Here !

0 Likes
dlippy1

I am having the same issue.  I have a RAZR-M that is just a few months old and have not had any issues with connecting to 4G until 2-3 weeks ago.  Since that time, I fluctuate between 3G and 1X with a RARE connection to 4G, and often times do not even have the 1X on display.  However, the signal strength itself is typically 4-5 bars (5 is full).  I called VZW and they had me remove the SIM card as well as did a reset on their end, and while I was able to conenct to 4G for a short time that evening, I have not since.  It is not location either, as I left my home zip of 86001 (Flagstaff) and was in Phoenix the whole weekend with the same results.  The only other suggestion I have received is to replace the SIM card, which frankly isn't exactly too feasible until the weekend. 

My guess is that it is NOT  the SIM card, based on the multiple users having the same issue in the same time period.

What now?

0 Likes