Re: 3g to 1x
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pay for the extended warranty coverage as part of my monthly bill, phone is a refurbished phone.

Comments on data connection loss have been that it must be the phone, but I am on third phone, and second sim card in a month and still have intermittent data connection

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nabs511,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with data fluctuations. What type of device do you have? What is the exact zipcode where you are experiencing the issue? Do you have issues with data everywhere you go or only in particular areas?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sspring,

I certainly understand you concern, we're right there with you. We want to make sure you're able to enjoy the great service we offer. Please run a speed test http://bit.ly/1fRxRk9 and keep us posted on results. Have you tried a factory reset?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
sspring
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iphone 4 ios 7.1.1. I am in the 93267 and 93257 zip codes. I

have been running on 1x instead of 3g for the last month now. I have

not factory reset my phone yet. Bit nervous about doing that,

especially since i have seen on the forums that some people with this

exact problem have gotten multiple new phones and still had the problem.

0 Likes
sspring
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a bit confused. Speedtest.net tests my wireless internet speeds. I

have no problem with that. It is the 3g, or lack there of, on my phone

that is the issue. Does it test that as well?

0 Likes
sspring
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have just answered my own question re the speed test. I tried it

while on wifi. Ping is 93, upload 1.45 and download is .59. I turned

off the wifi and on my current 1x connection, ping is 1335, download is

.11 and upload is .40. So obviously it is much slower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sspring! There are a few additional things that can be tested to make sure your phone is running optimally! Let's cover a few basics! First, try dialing *228, and choose option 1. Next, visit Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. (Make sure you remember your WiFi password before doing this step, as it will reset your WiFi connections too, as well as for cellular network access.)
Finally, I also recommend simultaneously holding down both the power and home keys, until your phone shuts down and restarts.

Let us know if this helps recover your 3G access, sspring.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up, Sspring. Let's take a closer look. I notice that in a previous post you mentioned that you have unlimited data. How much data do you typically average? Does toggling airplane mode bring a consistent 3G signal?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brachus12
Enthusiast - Level 2

you are completely missing the fact that this is affecting multiple users and that we all seem to be part of the older unlimited plans, which could mean we're older Alltel customers running on the hybrid PRL.

RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brachus,

I was having the same issue.  For me it all started on my S4 after they did the kitkat update.  That's when I noticed the boards blowing up about the loss of 4g dropping to 3g, 1x or zip.  I waited hoping it would be fixed, but the forum people have all had the same reaction that you've been dealing with.  So after 14 years I went to T-M.  When I called to get my account number they asked me why I needed it, was it because I was leaving, I told the truth that I was and explained why including the responses we've all gotten on this issue on the forumn.  The persons response about the verizon people on the forum was eye opening.  Bottom line he said was that if anyone has an issue to not report it here but to call Verizon customer service and if that didn't work call their corp HQ and ask for the executive complaint dept.

0 Likes