3G to 1X to No Service
aldiesel83

I am experiencing spotty coverage. My droid maxx keeps switching between what was 4G to 3G to 1X and no service at all in areas I know that I routinely get 4G coverage. I can't send text messages and no browsing without WiFi. I don't know if its a service issue or my phone. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G to 1X to No Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, aldiesel83! If this where happening to me, I'd be looking for support and resolution as well. While signal fluctuation is completely normal, I believe we should look at your location as being a major contributor to what you're seeing on your device.

Which device model do you have? What zip code are you in? Do you find this occurs in the same spots when these things happen?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
aldiesel83

I have a Droid Maxx, Zip Code is 56401 and 56425. No this is completely random, the signal at home in 56401 I know is usually only 3G but it keeps fluctuating between 3G, 1X, and no service. The signal at work for me is a strong 4G that has never fluctuated before yesterday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional details, aldiesel83.
The first thing I would like you to do is remove/reinsert the SIM Card. Do you know if anyone else is having problems with their service lately?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
loco209

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4S and I am in 93120. The signal is pretty bad in my building, usually 3G with 1 bar, but today it started fluctuating going to 1X. Then no signal. Then 4G with 1 bar. Then 3G. no signal. All this in the same spot. Is there work being done in my area? I have restarted my phone several times but it continues to do the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details with us, loco209. I can see exactly why you are concerned about the signal.
Please power off, remove/reinsert the SIM card and power it back on to see if that helps.
With you being in Mexico you aren't technically using our tower so we can't guarantee coverage and it may be worse when you are indoors.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
loco209

My zip code is 93120.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loco209,

I see that you mentioned that in your initial post.  Thanks for clarifying again.  Have you completed the steps that Tamara recommended?  Do others experience troubles in this area? Does service on your Samsung device improve outside of your building?

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
loco209

Yes I did what Tamara asked. I am inside and the signal does get better outside the building. No on else has Verizon. I guess my main question is why is there so much fluctuatuion in the signal(3G with 2 bars then no bars, to 1X) in the same spot?

0 Likes
Dawgharley1993
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea my phone is also doing that. Even at home connected to wifi right now no 4G nong no1x, and 1 bar mobile data. Verizon is limiting data speeds to indiviuals, so you are forced to buy the premium package for constant 4G service. on CNN they had a report Verizon is doing this to people's service thinking we are not smart about this. There is a huge lawsuit against them. Verizon is corrupt company, and am paying $90.00 for crap. But they'll tell you to buy a new phone and 2 year contract!!!

0 Likes