Re: 3G to 1X...WHY?!?!?!??
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for not responding to me at all, very much appreciated.  I've noticed a lot more people having the same issue scattered all over so what is Verizon doing about this lack of service we pay for?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RScott69442,

We definitely do not want to see you go. Lets dive deeper into your service concerns. What device type do you have? Are there others reporting the same type of service issues? Are you having issues only at a particular location or everywhere you go? If at specific location, have you opened a ticket to have our technicians check your area? If not, please private message me so we can file a ticket.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

12345steph,

Thanks for doing that step for us. Let's continue on working on your device. Have you tried powering off the device and then pull the sim card from the phone? Once the sim card is out leave it out for 5-10 seconds and then place the sim card back into the device and power the device back up. Here are the steps on how to remove the sim card: http://vz.to/1kUWdRV  Please keep us posted.

Kevin_R

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

witzman5, we want everyone to have the best service possible! What is the zipcode in which you are experiencing issues? What type of device do you have? How long ago did the service issues begin? Have you had a ticket opened to have our technicians come out and check your coverage?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a samsung galaxy S4.  As for others reporting the same issues please look at many of the other threads under this forum.  It seems a great many people have lost 4g and going from 3g to 1x.  This is happening indoors & outdoors to people which again would lead one to think it's a problem on the Verizon side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, RScott69442. With this trouble happening in so many locations, it doesn't appear to be a Verizon Wireless tower causing the trouble. Let's try placing your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/11ZGW8c. This will stop any third party applications from running on the phone and allow us to see if there may just be interference from an application on the phone causing the fluctuation. Please keep us posted if there's any fluctuation in Safe Mode.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Faja14

My first year with my 4s was good...

Then began dropping from 3G to 1x every 6 weeks or so...

I've had 3G continuous for 3 months till this weekend...

Back to 1x again...

My phone has been full reset twice last year with an apple tech...

Apple is excellent!!

My room mate has att and a 4s phone ...

We got our phones the same week Dec 2012...

His has always been 4g... Not one problem or down signal to 3G or 1x

It's now June 2015...

My phones back to 1x signal again...

I am amazed...

I do the backup with iTunes before any tech help..,

Have always admired zero loss of any data... Contacts...music...txt...even notes...

But I am back to another 1x situation AGAIN....

Very annoying..

My room mates phone fully functional not one trouble...since purchase

So is it a Verizon thing vs Att thing??

Considering I can only do 3G with Verizon ..the Att service is 4G with an apple 4s..

Same phone...identical phones...

Very frustrated....

I'm very aware of all the next steps required...

Gonna back up my phone...

It usually goes like this....

Go to Verizon store...

Still trouble...

Do online Verizon tech...still trouble...

Get transferred to apple tech...

Very helpful ...

Last time did apple tech ...Verizon tech at the same time...

Was a wireless carrier issue from the start

I love my iPhone...

Will continue with Apple products...

The 1x is getting very old

0 Likes