3G service in Montreal
nc_eyedoc

I've been in Montreal since Saturday, 9/22 evening and my iPhone 4S will not connect to 3G data service.  I had my phone enabled for intl service and I am now paying $25/100MB data charge for intl data. The data works but only at the super slow speed. Is this the local carrier downgrading my service?  Verizon seems to have no answers. Anyone else have a similar experience?  A recent trip to Europe was fine with 3G speeds at all times in various countries. Thanks for the replies in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G service in Montreal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nc_eyedoc,

Congrats on going to Montreal! It’s one of my favorite cities in the world! What better place to enjoy the beauty of autumn than in Montreal! As for your data speeds, it will be my pleasure to assist you with your data services while you are traveling. May I ask who is the roaming carrier that shows up on the notification bar on your iPhone 4S when in use? Also, have you done a speed test on the device to confirm the data upload and download speeds? Below are some basic steps to try on your device to improve the data performance. Please see below:

• Verify that data roaming is on in the Settings menu.
  • Confirm that you are using a Verizon Wireless international sim card.
  • Turn off Bluetooth and wifi when not being used.
  • Clear history, cookies, and data from the Safari settings.
  • Close any unused apps with the built in task killer.
    • Double tap the home key > long press an icon > select the “-“ to close down the app.
  • Reset network settings.
    • Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • Perform a hard restart by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button and the home key at the same time for 10 seconds.

Once you have completed the steps above then please retest your data service for improvements. If more assistance is needed then I will be waiting eagerly for your reply. Also, if you can be so kind as to post your findings then that would be great as it may help another community member who may experience the same issue.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes