3G Speeds on iPhone 4 Terrible
DJ_GiNSU

I've been noticing a steady decline in the 3G speeds I've been receiving for the past few months.  Now, my speeds hover somewhere between 0.2mbps and 0.4mbps up and down, whereas a few months ago, I was getting between 1.0 and 1.7 mbps.   I've already done the *228, and I've tried speedtests both at home and at work - and I had excellent signal in both areas.  I also ran several tests near the airport, and got similar results.

I opened up a ticket with tech support, but the person I spoke to seemed to indicate that this pointed more toward this being an isolated problem, than a network problem.  My wife has the same phone as I do, and she seems to be experiencing similar issues.

In any case, I am very dissatisfied with the service.  I cannot use this phone for anything but checking email.  YouTube videos don't load any more.  Facebook is too slow to be of any use.  Photos don't send - they frequently time out.  Verizon used to be EXCELLENT.  I refuse to believe this is normal, but I am concerned that with the proliferation of 4G LTE phones, the 3G network has fallen by the wayside. 

I am paying for an unlimited data plan, on a phone that is so slow, I'll never make use of it.  Aside from waiting for tech support to call back, what else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G Speeds on iPhone 4 Terrible
B33
Legend

Do you have Wi-Fi a router for your Home Computer or Laptop if you do you can use that at least at Home i realizes your not there all the Time but it Does Work and the Speeds you''ll get out of your iPhone 4 will be the same if not better than that of 4G up in till i had 4G in my area i used my Wi-Fi all the Time)  i still use it Now at times because it's a Reliable and steady source.. So might thinks about that.. b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
DJ_GiNSU

Technical support has been of absolutley no help, in resolving this issue.  I'm taking the phones down to the verizon store and I'm making a scene.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DJ_GiNSU,  We want you to be able to get the most out of your phone at all times!  I am sorry that you have had to deal with these types of speeds for so long!  Where are you located?  Have you ran speed tests in multiple locations, both indoors and out?  Do the speeds ever reach the bandwidth that you were previously seeing?  It would be my pleasure to provide additional support to work towards a solution!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes