$300 Device trade-in program on Verizonwireless.com (back in Sept 2015)
KeNnY69

Hi, I bought a new smart phone under the device payment plan (Samsung Galaxy S 6) from Verizon back on September 6th when they were offering $300 in trade in and to port over an old smartphone number to Verizonwireless.

I got the $100 to port over my old number but was never sent any promo code for the trade in or a recycle box to send my old smartphone in the the $200 for trade in. I contacted Verizonwireless a few weeks after I received my new phone asking when my recycle box would be coming and they said they never sent it ( by mistake) and took down all my info and sent me the box soon after along with a new promo code for my trade-in.

After all the delays, Verizonwireless changed their trade in program to the current one found here.... Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless.

I sent in my old smartphone and was giving a credit of $35 for it and not the $200 in promo gift card I was suppose to get. I contacted Verizonwireless and was not helped at all with this. I was told I would get "up to" and not the full amount ($200) for my trade-in) that I was told when I joined under the $300 promo back in September. I think they were miss lead on their current program (mixing it up) with the previous $300 one I joined up under back in September.

I found here... Trade in any smartphone for the $300? that someone had asked about this same program and the Verizon Wireless Customer Support told them... "The $300.00 offer does require a new smartphone on our device payment plan in addition to porting your phone number. In order to qualify for the full trade in value, the device does need to be in a good working condition. If there is damage to the device, the trade in value would be reduced." I bought my phone from Verizon under the device payment plan and my smartphone that I traded in was in perfect working order and still looked brand new. I did not receive the full amount that was stated in the promo and by the Verizon Wireless Customer Support under the thread above.

How do I got about fixing this and getting the $200 promo gift card I am entitled to instead of just the $35 I was giving?

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $300 Device trade-in program on Verizonwireless.com (back in Sept 2015)
OriginalBAMcustomer

I'm having issues with this offer as well.  Good luck as I certainly haven't had any

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further, help is here . I know exactly who can answer all your device trade in questions. This link has all the FAQs for the trade-in progam http://spr.ly/6589BMfoW . If you would like to contact our Trade-In experts directly they can be reached at 800-416-8894. I am certain they can get everything cleared up in one phone call.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KeNnY69

Thanks for the response. So according to my above post and your response to a previous persons thread of the same issue does it mean I'm entitled to the full $300 under that old promo? Being that I bought a new phone from Verizonwireless under the device payment plan? You stated in this thread Trade in any smartphone for the $300? That the full amount would be giving... "The $300.00 offer does require a new smartphone on our device payment plan in addition to porting your phone number. In order to qualify for the full trade in value, the device does need to be in a good working condition. If there is damage to the device, the trade in value would be reduced."

I bought a new smartphone on the device payment plan and also ported over an old number. So I should be entitled to that full promo correct? I got the $100 for the port of my old number. I just was not giving the $200 in a gift card for my trade in under the new device purchase payment plan. I just wanna make sure this information is correct before I go and call a Trade-In experts directly and spend another hour + on the phone over this again.

Thanks Ken

0 Likes
Sdsu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Sent in my daughters phone, based on my  evaluation, it came up $200. I just got a email back stating 3 items including the find my iPhone was left on. We double checked this was taken off. So, I called to see when I was getting a back. They told me I was getting nothing for it and they would not send it back? How can it go from $200 to zero and I have no say? I figured I must be talking to someone that is new and I tried to talk to someone else and they would not let me. Would not give me another number of someone to talk to other than a 3rd party recycler that did not answer the phone! Please Verizon, please tell me you didn't just steal my phone.

0 Likes
czilar

Like several others, I'm starting to feel frustrated with Verizon.  I preordered my iPhone 6s back in September.  The staff told me I would receive a promo code within 48 hours of activation.  I waited two weeks after activation and called the store, who referred me to (800) 416-8894.  I called the number, spoke to three different people, all of whom were nice and apologetic, and assured me I would receive an email and a text within 24 hours with my promo code for the $300 buy back of my iPhone 5s.  I waited another week and called customer support at *611.  Again, I talked to three different people, all of whom were nice and apologetic, all of whom assured me I would receive an email and a text within 24 hours with my promo code.  It's been three days since that last call.  No promo code. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to get your promo code. I know I would want to make sure I get all my promotions. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes