$30 Upgrade Fee!
danielley88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't beleive that Verizon is implementing such an outrageous charge. Its not like we aren't paying to get the new phone.and now we have to get charged for being loyal customers too!! I used to brag about Verizon. Yes, its a bit pricey but I had great service and customer service used to be great! Now The Customer service is crappy and  at the store the Reps only care about the sale!!! Still I have stayed with Verizon for many years, but this is the icing on the cake! I am officially going to get off this Verizon rollercoaster and make sure that everyone I know does too!

Labels (1)
Re: $30 Upgrade Fee!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an existing discussion already ongoing..

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/771728

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yes the rep only care about sales because if they do not meet quota, they are outta there. Thus the title sales representative.

vzwcustcare

we in cust care actually do not have a quota

0 Likes
LadyWolf12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more on the fee situation...but the service and the customer service for has not been that bad for me.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I never said customer care, I stated the sale reps have a quota. That is why they do not like to help as it cuts into sale time.

0 Likes
Sammie53

I have been with Verizon close to 20 years and with their new policies they are on the brink of losing my business.  I guess I will be switching over to Sprint Wireless.  If I have to renew my contract for another 2 years then I expect to receive a new phone phone not a refurbished one.  With Sprint they give you a $150.00 credit for each phone on the plan.  Only want a new flip phone with no fancy thrills which they just cannot provide anymore to keep you as a customer.  Several of my friends have already made the switch and they are very happy. 

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless still offers basic flip phones with no "fancy thrills".

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I still dont get this thought, leave a company that added a upgrade fee for a company that have had upgrade fees for years....   The logic does not exist...

azpatriot

The new upgrade fee is unreasonable!  I will not pay a company in order to pay for equipment.  The story about the money is needed to maintain the towers is a smoke screen.  There is enough revenue generated to handle this expense.  The phone service is good so I will not be leaving for a different provider but that does not mean I will succumb to this insanity.  All my old phones are sitting in a dresser drawer.  Each of those will be used until they no longer work.  If Verizon still has the upgrade fee, then I will simply not have a cell phone.  They are, after all, a convenience and not necessary.  I will not exploited in order to get new equipment.

0 Likes