25/27 last calls were junk
CRILOS81
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's right: 92.5% of all my incoming calls for the past month were robocalls.

Fix your stupid service.

Labels (1)
Re: 25/27 last calls were junk
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Carriers could block those calls by blocking calls to your number.  Would that work?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
CRILOS81
Enthusiast - Level 2

They could block those calls by refusing to connect spoofed numbers.

Or, they could find another solution. That's up to them.

As a customer, a 92.5% junk rate makes phone service unusable and a total waste of my money.

Carla01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. And it actually got bad when i answered on and asked them to stop calling me. The man starting saying vulgar things to me. My other line is my 13 year old daughters phone. She is getting just as many as i am. She is disabled and only uses the phone to talk to me and her dad. If this problem isnt fixed and she recieves a call like i did. I will end my service and Verizon can sue me for whatever I owe. This should not be happening

Do they not secure their network?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRILOS81,

Robocalls, spam, spoofers, telemarketers, and whatever else they might go by are rarely welcome to have on your phone. This is not exclusive to Verizon Wireless, nor is it something that can be blocked in advance as you'd need to know the number calling before it actually calls you. The person or group attempting to reach you uses an autodialer to contact multiple numbers at once, sometimes posing as a local number (spoofing) to increase their chances of getting an answer. Most cellphones have a built-in blocking feature that can prevent many numbers from repeat contact, but you either need to know the number in advance, or have received the call to get that number already.

We offer a Caller Name ID paid feature that includes Spam Call Reporting among other features, while you can find many other Spam-only applications through your phone's app store (paid or free). Check out this link for more on our paid feature that includes a free trial period: http://vz.to/2qaDwRO

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRILOS81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already pay Verizon $150/mo. I'm not giving you even more money for things that will not fix the problem.

What I am doing is telling you that you are making not renewing my contract easier and easier every time a junk call happens.

Stop sending calls with spoofed numbers to your customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carla01, I can certainly understand your concern in regard to receiving these types of calls. I would be saddened to see you leave the Verizon family as we value your loyalty to us. To better explain what spoofing calls are, it is a tool people often use. They use 3rd party apps to mask their true identity on Caller ID. To customers like yourself, it looks like their own number or a number with their own area code and prefix is calling them. This will happen with any cellular or home provider.

A couple of suggestions that I have is to not answer these types of calls. Another suggestion is to never give away your personal information to someone who called you. This includes account numbers, your address, PINS and passwords. 

The FCC has great information on how to prevent these calls going forward. You can even report such calls to them.  http://spr.ly/6583DVUR7

I hope this information is helpful.

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRILOS81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is the 17th of May.

Since May 1, I've received THIRTY SEVEN junk calls.

Fix your stupid service.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

CRILOS81 wrote:

Today is the 17th of May.

Since May 1, I've received THIRTY SEVEN junk calls.

Fix your stupid service.

You do know this is not a Verizon issue. But please go to another carrier and find that out. At&t and T-Moible users actually get more junk calls.

0 Likes
CRILOS81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong. http://time.com/money/5168310/cell-phone-carrier-spam-calls-t-mobile/

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes