2 gig free
Squirreldoggin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not happy with this 2 gig for free thing.  This is why I left at&t, always something for new customers and leaving current ones out to dry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 gig free
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Mentioned this numerous times in other threads but this promotion is NOT limited to new customers. Current customers can get it if they upgrade their device using the device payment plan and get either the XL or XXL The Verizon Plan.

Squirreldoggin
Enthusiast - Level 2

So someone who upgraded 2 days before this promo started should have to upgrade again to  get the 2 gigs?  Not going to argue about this but current customers have to upgrade their device and their plan if not on the top two already?  Seems geared towards new customers to me. Seeing as how this has been brought up before it is not well marketed to existing customers.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Squirreldoggin wrote:

So someone who upgraded 2 days before this promo started should have to upgrade again to  get the 2 gigs?  Not going to argue about this but current customers have to upgrade their device and their plan if not on the top two already?  Seems geared towards new customers to me. Seeing as how this has been brought up before it is not well marketed to existing customers.

..Nor is it of interest to individuals, couples, or families who dont  use a lot of data.

THe Verizon plan to mee seems built for the smaller families, lower line fees.   Initially that is the customer that moved to it.   I already have a large data plan and would pay $30 more for line fees.  I also do not buy phones from the carrier.  Never will.  They cost  an average of $200 more and increase my monthly bill.

Since this time of the year many people get new phones, Verizon is trying to kill to birds with one proverbial stone.

BY beefing up the data offer, Verizon is trying to lure existing customers off the more everything plan and onto the new plan.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes, if you upgraded before the promotion began then you're not eligible unless you maybe return the device and re-purchase. Sounds to me like you think terms shouldn't be met just because you're a current customer. To say that it is only got new customers isn't true. Regardless of you not liking what has to be done to qualify doesn't negate the fact that current customers can participate if they so choose to. It may not be the way that you want it but the option exists. I get people wanting to get every new promotion that comes out but at what point do we own that we have to meet terms in order to do it?

Squirreldoggin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never did I say terms shouldn't have to be met.  What I am getting at is, where are the promos for existing customers?  All the promotions seem to be AIMED at new customers.  It is the same way with satellite TV service as well, once they have you locked in,  that's it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think it's aimed more at getting anyone to purchase a new device on the payment plan (something they try to shove down your throats now since it's where everyone is headed) and especially to get people to go for the bigger end of their newest plans. No surprise there. I honestly don't think Verizon cares if you're new or current..they just want people on the new plans. It would be different if it were a promotion that was only for new customers that have not been with Verizon before or haven't been for a certain timeframe. Plans like that for cable/satellite/etc make sense...especially if they lock you into a contract because of course their goal is to lock new people in to contracts with them. Mind you, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in The Verizon Plan options so I'm not disagreeing with you because I think everyone should sign up. I'm just correcting the idea that only new customers can get this promotion...that part isn't true. I'd think being forced to do a device payment plan would be a bigger issue...if one wants to upgrade by paying the full retail upfront you'd think they could still qualify if they sign up for the required plan. But it looks like anyone wanting to avoid stretching out the payments gets left out of this promotion.