Re: 2 GB bonus for life
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Passing. Still on unlimited data with my line, and family sharing a 4GB plan of their own. A shame the smaller plans don't get such similar love.

This article doesn't state what an "Upgrade" qualifies as. Would this be an upgrade as in two year contract or upgrade as in Device Payment plan? Shouldn't a "Bring your Own Device" upgrade also qualify?

mama23dogs
Legend

IT is only open to those on the Verizon plan, which is Device Payment Plan only. 

IT states upgrade or new line of service, so switching from another carrier and buying phones would count.

You are required to buy a new phone, so BYOD does not qualify.

And you can keep the data as long as you stay on a plan that is XL/12 GBS or higher.  You lose it if you downgrade your data plan.

ver_userNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is more BS from verizon.  As a loyal customer for over 20 years, it always seems that new deals and offers are only available to New customers or NEW phone lines.  If I upgrade to the new plan, why can't i get the bonus as well.  I lost unlimited data when I needed to replace a phone, my plans get worse and worse every year.  Only new customers reap the benefits.

It is time to start looking for another carrier.  4G speed has definitely started to suffer on Verizon.  There are much better deals with tmobile and Sprint.  Time to start saying bye bye verizon.

mama23dogs
Legend

ver_userNJ wrote:

This is more ** from verizon.  As a loyal customer for over 20 years, it always seems that new deals and offers are only available to New customers or NEW phone lines. ....Special credits and the Black Friday deals were to lure new customers and offset the high cost of switching carriers

If I upgrade to the new plan, why can't i get the bonus as well.......If you change to the new plan, you can take advantage of many of the benefits, including extra data for upgrading a phone.

I lost unlimited data when I needed to replace a phone, my plans get worse and worse every year.  Only new customers reap the benefits.....Its been 5 years since unlimited data plans had to buy a phone at full price to keep the plan.  You did not have to use the upgrade to get a phone - that was your choice.  Other users have been buying phones at full cost to keep it, I don't even have unlimited and I buy at full cost.

It is time to start looking for another carrier.  4G speed has definitely started to suffer on Verizon.  There are much better deals with tmobile and Sprint.  Time to start saying bye bye verizon.....The only reason to switch from a carrier is reception/coverage. 

With the exception of Sprint, you will probably pay just as much as you do now.  T-mobile has some extras, but is not cheaper.

rcschnoor
Legend

ver_userNJ wrote:

This is more ** from verizon.  As a loyal customer for over 20 years, it always seems that new deals and offers are only available to New customers or NEW phone lines.  If I upgrade to the new plan, why can't i get the bonus as well.  I lost unlimited data when I needed to replace a phone, my plans get worse and worse every year.  Only new customers reap the benefits.

This is just false. Current customers purchasing a new phone on current lines of service on DPP with a 12 GB or 18 GB allowance qualify.

0 Likes
ver_userNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not false.  Why the heck would they send me information to upgrade my account to the new plan.  When I select upgrade, it brings me to a page where I have a choice to choose a data package.  On that screen is clearly states 12GB (Plus a bonus 2GB/line).  Very misleading and if you make the mistake believing you are getting something, once you approve the upgrade there is nothing you can do to go back.

As I mentioned I have been with VZ for more than 20 years and the options and service has degraded.  They are no longer the only game in town.  If you are new and coming to VZ for the first time you get the world at your feet.  If you are a loyal customer you just get shit.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to comment on my problem.  i never said i was purchasing a new phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ver_userNJ wrote:

It is not false.  Why the heck would they send me information to upgrade my account to the new plan.  When I select upgrade, it brings me to a page where I have a choice to choose a data package.  On that screen is clearly states 12GB (Plus a bonus 2GB/line).  Very misleading and if you make the mistake believing you are getting something, once you approve the upgrade there is nothing you can do to go back.

As I mentioned I have been with VZ for more than 20 years and the options and service has degraded.  They are no longer the only game in town.  If you are new and coming to VZ for the first time you get the world at your feet.  If you are a loyal customer you just get ****.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to comment on my problem.  i never said i was purchasing a new phone.

You change a plan, you upgrade a phone, you increase your data package.

IF your change to the new plan and upgrade your line you get an increase of 2 gb in your data package For free.

0 Likes
ver_userNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY PHONES ARE ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPGRADES!!!!  Why do you feel the need to comment on my problem, when you do not know anything about my plan or service.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Because this is a customer to customer support forum, all of us are customers and none of us know anything you don't tell us. (Which you didn't until now)

You made a blanket statement which was not true.  Just because you don't benefit doesn't make it so.

IF you are expressing disappointment because you can't participate, then fine - I will start too. I also can't benefit without losing my plan and increasing my monthly bill, because we don't buy phones at the high cost the carrier charges. I have 6 lines at $15 per month, why would I want to increase my line fee to $20 and pay on installments on a phone - doubling my monthly bill.

Just stating the facts because I am perfectly happy with my bill and plan.