1x service in my home in zip code 07042. Is this a device issue or a network issue?
gdyoung1

HI, I'm getting a lot of 1x coverage in my home and surrounding area in zip code 07042. Please advise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1x service in my home in zip code 07042. Is this a device issue or a network issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's satisfy your need for speed! Since your original, are you still experiencing issues?If so, when did the problem begin?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: 1x service in my home in zip code 07042. Is this a device issue or a network issue?
gdyoung1

Hi, after further investigation, the issue is that when I make or receive a call the phone switches from 4gLTE to 1X.  So just walking around my house and neighborhood, I get 2-3 bars on LTE network.  Without fail, when a call is initiated, the phone switches to 1X and I have difficulty with the call.  Is this a phone or network issue and how to resolve?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification gdyoung1. This helps us out a lot. Majority of our smartphone devices with display 1x at the top, once you are on the phone. What make and model phone do you have? Do you experience service issues when you are on the call?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gdyoung1

I have a Note5 and yes, I experience service issues with virtually every

call.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gdyoung1, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue on your device. When did this issue start happening? Does it happen specifically in your residence area or every where that you go? Your device is designed to retrieve signal from the nearest wireless tower. As a result, it's normal for signal to fluctuate. Have you powered that device off/on since this problem started happening?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
gdyoung1

Thanks for the help - I spoke with Verizon customer care and we are going

to try a SIM card replacement.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a VoLTE "Advanced Calling" phone and your LTE reception is fine, turn on Advanced Calling for your device to see if that helps.

On newer phones, the same will allow for Wi-Fi calling in the future if your phone hasn't received the software update for that.

0 Likes