1st Day with Verizon, not too thrilled. 2-3 Billing Cycles until Employer Discount is Applied.
brianw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Deciding to switch from Sprint, I signed up with Verizon because my employer offers a company discount.  My phones were activated last night and I logged into my account after getting the temp. password via text and signed up for the discount.

After not noticing a change in the bill for a few hours, I contacted the company's Verizon Rep to ask about this.  I was told the discount would apply in the next 2-3 billing cycles.  This was the entire point of me switching.

When I signed up with Sprint a number of years back, I didn't have to wait months for this to go through.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any tips for getting this applied to my first bill?

Thanks,

Brian

Labels (1)
Re: 1st Day with Verizon, not too thrilled. 2-3 Billing Cycles until Employer Discount is Applied.
melbelleup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had this happen. I just went and switched onto my own plan off of a family plan and I got my discount right there and then. no issue.

0 Likes
Re: 1st Day with Verizon, not too thrilled. 2-3 Billing Cycles until Employer Discount is Applied.
brianw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the feedback. Did you sign up in the store, online, over the phone?  I don't understand why it can't be applied to my brand new account.

0 Likes
melbelleup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up at the store. might want to go to the store and talk to them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're ecstatic to have you, Brianw2013. We truly appreciate you making the transition to Verizon Wireless. I'm positive you will enjoy the service.

Once you register with online for the discount. It will take several (2-3) bill cycles for the discount to appear on the bill. You will notice the discount present on My Verizon shortly after the registration process. Within My Verizon it will advise that "you are eligible for the certain percentage from your employer."

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brianw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

melbelleup, thanks again for your feedback/suggestion.

YosefT_VZW - Thank you for following up on this but the main reason I switched was for the discount.  I called the Verizon line and the automated service said that the discount was applied.  Upon reviewing my account, it hasn't been.

If this is something that can't be applied from Day 1, what is the point?  If this can't be resolved, I will be going back to Sprint.

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

When you first apply for the discount, it doesn't show on your bill because the bill has already been printed (if you are that far).

When you agreed to the terms and conditions, it does state a few bill cycles, but that it will be applied. you can log in to your My Verizon to see that the discount is showing on the right hand side, it will show your employer and the percentage amount.

This is normal. It's part of the entire process when signing up. Verizon has to verify the discount when it's applied so it can take 1-4 cycles. Mine showed up after 1 full cycle. So if I started service a week ago, my first bill will not show the discount but my second bill did.

0 Likes
brianw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks androiduser123.  I do see the discount listed on the right hand side of MyVerizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You don't have to go anywhere to make sure you're getting your discount, brianw2013. We try to have the discount applied as fast as possible, but as androiduser123 mentioned it's usually added within 1 cycle. Since you already confirmed you see the discount has been approved and applied, you'll most likely see it on your next statement. Depending on when your first bill cycle is, it may miss the first bill but it'll be there. Usually you'll see it around page 2 of your statement along with your account level charges.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
NK2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was not helpful at all. You just confirmed that instead of applying a discount that client qualifies for right away… you would prefer they pay full price a few times and then apply the discount. A very nice welcome for new customers I’m sure lol

0 Likes