Re: 10GB Data Plan price changef to $80, and they still charge $100 to old customer!!
dkyk0929
Enthusiast - Level 2

i guess they don't care about people who is living under the rock.. and I also guess all the people at my work is living under the rock... cuz apparently, around 30 people who uses Verizon at my work didn't know about this price and they are changing them today XD

0 Likes
Re: 10GB Data Plan price changef to $80, and they still charge $100 to old customer!!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Ok, lets clear something up here. It does not matter if you are in contract, out of contract, etc, the price plan itself does not change without your consent. There are new terms and conditions the majority of the time that come with the price plan changes and as result if changed and you contest it, there could be ramifications. Thats why its always best to keep an eye out for new products and promotions. And keep in mind this like any other promotion can be changed at any time.

tailynn1977
Contributor - Level 1

You are exactly right, though legally with plans, you can be "grandfathered" to keeping your plan but yes. You are very right.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I was always under the impression that after a contract was up and the agreement was fulfilled that Verizon could change your plan at any time or at least with notice given prior.  I ran month-to-month for a while with no plan changes, but I always wondered if they might sneak a plan change under my nose even though I had been told if you like your plan you can keep your plan.

0 Likes
tailynn1977
Contributor - Level 1

Most price changes come from price changes to activation, upgrade, reconnection, device prices, etc. Least thats what I have seen. Been here (Verizon customer) since 2007. The only time I saw different is when I was moved from share everything to more everything. No price difference for me back then. AND everyone was notified of the change by text an email (whether they saw it or not was another story...)

Snn5
Legend

Thankfully I have never had an adverse plan or rate change unexpectedly.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

This may simply be a consequence of your options in your account settings.

The current $80 for 10 GB of data is a "promotion" which allegedly is set to expire at the end of January. If you have opted out of being notified of Verizon promotions in your account settings, you would not have been notified. Unfortunately, many people complained that they were getting too many emails/texts about Verizon's continually changing promotions. As a result, Verizon was forced to give an opt out for correspondence on promotional items. This data price is simply an example of another of Verizon limited time promotions and depending on your account settings, you may or may not have been given notice.

Another possibility is many people simply get more Verizon email than they would like and simply delete it without looking at it too carefully. I know I have done this myself in the past. Are you sure this did not happen to you? Spam filters also sometimes mistakenly prevent emails from being received in a person's inbox for their email.

There are many reasons why you may not have been made aware of this limited time "promotional" price drop.