I have had an issue that has dragged on for weeks. I was escalated up to supervisors. Finally I was escalated up to Frank with a title of AD (not sure what that title means) However, I had to wait 24-48 hours for Frank, the AD, to call. The first 48 hours passed. I called back to 1-800 hell and was escalated up to a supervisor. She looked at the issue. She seemed quite amazed that Frank did not follow up, as that can cause a corrective action. This supervisor filled out a form (I wish I could remember the exact name, but something along the lines of an action form) She said this form creates a very huge sense of urgency within VZW, and I may get a call immediately from Frank, the AD. But the promised response time was again 24-48 hours. At the time of this post, I am 2-3 of hours away from my second 48 hour wait time, and no follow up. Can anyone help me navigate this 1-800 hell. How do I get the follow up that I have been promised?
Being that this is a peer-to-peer forum I don't see how a us as customers such as yourself can help much. Also, everything in your post is somewhat vague, i.e.
1) "I have had an issue", (what issue?)
2) "escalated up to Frank with a title of AD" (Frank who? AD?)
3) "cause a corrective action" (What is a corrective action?)
4) "something along the lines of an action form" (Action form?)
5) "help me navigate this 1-800 hell" (Is this a phone number problem?)
I realize you probably can't answer the questions I've posed (in red) but my point is if you don't know whats going on, it's unreasonable to think that we understand. My guess is that you just need to keep calling until VZW gets it and finally someone helps you.
Best of luck whatever you decide to do,
1) I am not asking you to solve my phone issue. Multiple people have tried, and I am pretty technically savvy on my own. I am asking for help to solve my lack of follow up issues.
2) Frank who... I wish I knew. Evidently you have not had to contend with this issue before. VZW support, in their infinite wisdom, holds "who" pretty close to the vest. After multiple times requesting a name, and follow up number for myself, all I can get is Frank, title AD, who is at an undisclosed location in California. I can not even get the city. I do not know what "AD" stands for, because after asking 2 supervisors they did not know either, but it is a supervisors boss.
3) Corrective action: A human resource term for accountability follow up after a job function is not performed
4) As I state above, I can not remember the exact name of the follow up form, only it was supposed to create a huge sense of urgency for follow up. I have already beat myself up for not writing that name down.
5) 1-800 hell is where I feel like I am at, when I dial the 1-800-922-0204 support number, time and time again, and I do not get the support I was promised.
I know you weren't asking us to solve your phone issue, and regards the other points in my post, that's why I said you probably couldn't answer my questions. I said that not because I thought you were being vague on purpose, but because you didn't know yourself. I don't think there is a "magic bullet" that we can say that will make your 1-800 hell go away. It'll most likely just take you continually applying pressure on Verizon that will eventually get someone to get "off their butt" and assist you with your issue. Like I said before,
Best of luck whatever you decide to do, (I'm sincere when I say that)
Have you tried posting on facebook as they also do use social media in ways to help. To me that would be the quickest as they would want to show they can perform assistance out in the public eye like that. That is my suggestion.
WOW! Verizon's Facebook page is the craziest brand page I have seen. Nearly every post has a service complaint on it completely unrelated to the post. I posted at the top of the page. It disappeared. Not uncommon or surprising. Many brand pages do not allow posts. If they do, they do not go live until someone reviews it. So I guess I will give it some time for review. If no follow up occurs, I'll post under one of Verizon's posts and see what happens.
I completely understand where you’re coming from and I appreciate you pointing FunN4Lo in the right direction. We understand some customer’s concerns are a lot more detailed than general post in these forums and our community is wonderful at helping fellow customers, but we also want everyone to know we are here to help and we have many ways to assist. We want to be able to save you a trip to the store or time on hold waiting for a representative when you call. We have a great chat option, as well as Twitter and Facebook assistance. We make it a priority to keep all account information secure and private, while still assisting over these platforms. For further or account-specific assistance, please instruct a customer to send us a follow request and once we accept it and follow back, we can communicate via Direct Messages.
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport