Re: Smart Hub disconnecting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please forgive us for not replying to this question sooner, mvm2. We certainly don’t want you feeling left out of the loop when troubleshooting. You sound like someone who is comfortable accessing “advanced” settings for devices such as these, so here’s what I found. You can look into advanced setting details using the information on this support page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smarthub/ to ensure you have things all set up correctly. I know that’s a lot of information on that page, but to your earlier point, if you only go to this location once in awhile, it’s helpful to have several steps to attempt in troubleshooting. Does this make sense? Is the information on the page I sent useful?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
mvm2

I will go thru the information when I am at the location over the 4th.- Thank You.

I would still like to know if there is a way to ping or otherwise know if the smarthub is up and connected to the internet.

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question mvm2. With the Smart Hub, you do have the option to view the Smart Hub connection and internet strength. For directions on how to view this information click, http://spr.ly/6605EsHBT

0 Likes
mvm2

I want to be able to REMOTELY ping or otherwise sheck the status of the smarthub.

Is this possible?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mvm2, I certainly understand how a remote option would be helpful. I want to make sure we have all of your options presented. On the SmartHub Admin page, you should not see any network information when the SmartHub is offline. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, there is Administrator, click on that and you should see Restart SmartHub option. This will reboot the SmartHub. If everything is currently online I would wait to do this either the day you are headed there or the day before. As the camera is not a direct partner device we do not know if the reboot will take the camera out of the paired devices. We also know that things happen even during the holidays. You mentioned earlier that you did not think support will be here over the holiday, we will be standing by ready to assist you. Please let us know the outcome of the reboot as well.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
mvm2

When you say "Smarthub Admin Page" , are you refering to the Verizon Home app?  I don't have access to the smarthub remotely from my PC.  If thats possible, I don't know how....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the confusion mvm2. Accessing the Smart Hub admin page can only happen when you are connected to the Smart Hub device so it is not something that can be done remotely. You can manage settings on the device through your My Verizon app remotely, but this will not tell you whether or not it is connected. Does this provide clarity?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes