Reboot the Smart Hub remotely?
ELECTROUBLESHOOTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you either reboot the Smart Hub remotely or program it to reboot once a day? Does this device have a backup battery? If not can I just use a timer and remove the ac power. Then will it reboot and start working again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reboot the Smart Hub remotely?
georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Smart Hub is a great device and it’s important we help make sure it’s operating in a way that meets your needs, ELECTROUBLESHOOTER. You are with an expert team here to help out. There is a backup battery in this device, so there’s good news there. In order to better answer your other questions, we need to know more about your needs regarding the rebooting and / or timer questions. I’m including this link to our support page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smarthub/ to ensure we provide all the help you need with getting the best use out of your SmartHub.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELECTROUBLESHOOTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to know if I can remotely reboot the hub if it locks up. Since it has a battery can I remove the battery and run it off of an AC timer. Then once a day I can have the timer shut off and will the hub reboot and restart automatically? Or does someone need to be there to press the power button? If the hub locks up or quits working I can't drive 1200 miles to reboot it!

0 Likes
elizabethc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for getting back to us. You can Factory Reset your SmartHub using the Admin website, however, there does not seem to be an option to restart the device remotely.

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open the SmartHub admin website. For more information, see “3.2.1Accessing the SmartHub admin website” on

page 20.

2. Click System Settings and then click Backup & Restore.

3. In the Backup & Restore window, click Reset.

Click Reset.

4. The SmartHub will ask you to confirm your choice. Click Yes.

5. The SmartHub will turn off and on again with the factory default settings applied.

You would need to use the battery that came with the device. We can not gaurantee that the device will work properly when you do not use the proper battery. When you create a routine for your SmartHub, it is only to control the devices connected to the SmartHub.

ElizabethC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes