virus checker or protection on Android devices?
LIAWAR2

I keep getting a pop-up screen telling me my phone is corrupted by several viruses and I need to click on the button to fix it. I have not clicked on it. Is there a virus checker or protection for Android devices like my phone and tablet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: virus checker or protection on Android devices?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

LIAWAR2 wrote:

Is there a virus checker or protection for Android devices like my phone and tablet?

There are several in the Play Store, in addition to the one provided by VzW.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Meant to add that the pop-up is usually 'click bait' trying to get the user to download/install something they shouldn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help LIAWAR2. Making sure your phone is protected is definitely important so I completely understand your concern.

As your fellow community member Tikibar1 mentioned, there are many virus protection apps available in the Play Store and Apple Store. We also offer Verizon Security and Privacy. Verizon Security & Privacy (S&P) is a powerful security solution (powered by McAfee) that protects you and your device from malware, spyware, viruses and other security threats to your privacy. Visit http://vz.to/2Bs7HHr for complete details.

When are you getting the pop-up screen regarding the virus on your phone? How often are you getting the pop-up? When did this start? What phone do you have?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes