"74 verizon" scam alert
KeithRobinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beware! I had a call to my cell phone saying that I had won $74.00 and I needed to go to "74verizon.com" to claim it. The web address exists, and it looks just like Verizon -- it even has all the links to other parts of Verizon's website -- but the login screen is on 74verizon.com which is NOT Verizon. It's a scam site phishing for your login credentials.

The phone number that called was 800-922-5534, if it helps.

Labels (1)
Re: "74 verizon" scam alert
jbeckman713

i got the same message but didn't go to the site. Phone number that called my phone was 800-922-4455

0 Likes
phil_mb

They are back at it again... this time its Verizon78. The phone number they called from is 800.922.2222 .

They called 2 of my lines

0 Likes
malkaphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 1

on 9-5-2014 at 7:37 pm I received a recorded message from 800-922-5555 telling me to go to www.verizon31.com to claim a $31.00 credit. I keyed this into my search bar and came across all kinds of titles and warnings that this was a phishing site. I did not go into any of these, just closed out and came here to find out what was going on. Is there any way to stop these kinds of calls?

0 Likes
JPfortytwo

I got the same call today -  from the main Tech Support number programmed into my contacts: 800-922-0204.  I thought it was hard to spoof a phone number, so I went to the site (37verizon.com).  I saw all legitimate links to Verizon's website, which I thought may be easy to recreate.  I almost put in my credentials, but then I wondered why Verizon wouldn't just put something like this on their "verizonwireless.com" site.  That's when I thought I should check again.  There doesn't seem to be many search results for this scam yet.  Be careful! Don't submit your creds unless you're 110% sure it's legitimate!

0 Likes
FoxyStrwbrry

I received call today for something similar. Although it's changed to www.42verizon.com  Number was 800-922-6455

Definitely a scam!

0 Likes
lythauslvr

SCAM ALERT!!

My secondary Verizon Wireless Cell number got a call from, "Technical Support" 800-922-0204, which went to Voice Message. The recording said to go online to; "48Verizon.com" to get $48.00 off your next month's bill. My spouse Goggled the website to find out it was a "Scam". The site looked just like Verizon, but knew better than to sign on. I logged onto, MyVerizon to view if there were other discussions in reference to our experience. Low and behold....there are plenty.

0 Likes