notifications to children's phones
Yve872

Why am I not able to turn off notifications to my children's phones of my activity as a parent in FamilyBase?  I get regular emails about my teen's phone activity and occasionally I will click further to learn more, which also allows me to watchlist phone numbers she is interacting with and other activities.  However, she gets a text notification when I do so!  I was not happy to find this out yesterday, and contacted Customer Service - who told me that these notifications cannot be turned off.  This completely undermines the FamilyBase system and my tracking as a parent.  Absolutely NOT happy about this.  I have family locator as well and it appears there is a similar notification.  I don't check either of these features much, but when I do I really don't want my kids to be aware.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: notifications to children's phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive the notifications you need is absolutely essential, Yve872. I can understand how upsetting it is to learn that your teen's phone is also receiving notifications. While it's true some notifications from Family Base and Family Locator cannot be disabled, we want to do all we can to help set up the services to work for you. What model phone is the Parent line? Have you confirmed that your teen's line isn't somehow set up as another Parent line?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Yve872

Hello - My children's phones are definitely not set up as parent lines.  Are you confirming for me therefore that these notifications cannot be turned off? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see where you're coming from, Yve872. There are times when I wouldn't want my children to know that I'm looking into their phone usage. I'd like to do more to help confirm which notifications can or cannot be turned off. Can you provide a few examples of specific notifications your children have gotten, along with what action from your end prompted this notice?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes