Why is app usage not appearing in family base?
lopez9129

We've had family base for months now.... and I feel I'm just going to have to accept the limited features with iphones but no app usage is nagging at me.  Why is there no app usage on the child's phone appearing in the parent app or online (desktop)?  The tab isn't even there to select it as an option.  And, why can my child still communicate with other apple users even with the time restrictions?  We live near apple hq.  90% of my child's contacts are apple users.  The child profile is installed on their phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is app usage not appearing in family base?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Data and iMessages over wifi aren't recorded Family Base. Have you considered adding usage restrictions to your home wifi router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lopez9129

That does not seem like a viable option since it would impact everyone in the household.

All previous answers/posts indicate this activity should be recorded as app usage.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to use Family Base to the fullest. What happens when you try to check out the usage of the other phones? Is your child's usage on wifi or on mobile data?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes