Why have you changed FamilyBase data daily limit to a minimum of 500MB?
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why have you changed FamilyBase data daily limit to a minimum of 500MB? 

We have legacy plans on our account and the one I'm concerned about is my daughter's phone.  She has a dumb phone with Verizon Family Locator.  The family locator app uses data and you used to give that data away for free.  Then you changed it a few years back and started making us pay for that data on top of the Family Locator service.  Since the Family Locator usually uses less than 10MB a month, we never added a data package to the phone because it would have cost more than paying for the 10MB a month. 

We also pay for FamilyBase to put usage controls in place.  One of those controls was a 10MB limit on my daughter's line.  I started getting warnings today about reaching that limit and her phone did too.  Apparently we've used family locator a lot this month.  So I went in to try to up it a little and it said the minimum setting was 500MB.  I entered that just to get rid of the message.  But now there is no way to set it back to 10MB.  So now this line can rack up to 500MB without warning.  You guys charge about $1 per MB.  That could reach $500!!

I can't believe you guys changed this.  What are we paying for?  You already nickel and dime us to death with each of these services that don't work without each other.  I need that limit in place to avoid any kind of malfunctions or accidents.  Can you change it to something like 20MB?  Or do I need to find a different carrier?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why have you changed FamilyBase data daily limit to a minimum of 500MB?
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let this be a warning to anyone else out there with a legacy plan and one of the old data limits set, don't change it because Verizon will NOT change it back for you.  I'm now stuck at a 500mb safety limit on a legacy plan.  They refuse to change it back to 10mb, claiming that they can't, even though it was just at 10mb a week ago before I changed it.

Their only offer was to buy a 75mb plan for $10 and still keep the 500mb safety limit.  But that does not protect the line from overages from 75mb to 499mb.  And at $1 per/mb, that could be a very expensive monthly bill.  

This is completely ridiculous they won't do this.  I'll be cancelling two of my lines next week.  I've already signed up with T-mobile.  I guess I'll have to say goodbye to my grandfathered unlimited data, but I'd rather give another company my money anyway.  The other three lines will be canceled in the coming months.  Goodbye Verizon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DerpedyDerp,
I also use the FamilyBase feature for my account to keep my data under control each month. I want to make sure that we help provide you the right answer to why this is happening. What type of phone plan are you currently on? Also, what type of phone does your daughter have?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our phone plan is Nationwide Talk & Text Share 700.  Her phone is a Samsung Brightside.  We used to have data disabled on it, but you guys changed it years ago so that the Family Locator doesn't work with it disabled.  Now it's stuck at a limit of 500MB. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DerpedyDerp,

Thank you for providing us with these extra details. Let’s take a deeper look into this for you, as we would never want for you to think about leaving our wireless family. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to help you further. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let this be a warning to anyone else out there with a legacy plan and one of the old data limits set, don't change it because Verizon will NOT change it back for you.  I'm now stuck at a 500mb safety limit on a legacy plan.  They refuse to change it back to 10mb, claiming that they can't, even though it was just at 10mb a week ago before I changed it.

Their only offer was to buy a 75mb plan for $10 and still keep the 500mb safety limit.  But that does not protect the line from overages from 75mb to 499mb.  And at $1 per/mb, that could be a very expensive monthly bill.  

This is completely ridiculous they won't do this.  I'll be cancelling two of my lines next week.  I've already signed up with T-mobile.  I guess I'll have to say goodbye to my grandfathered unlimited data, but I'd rather give another company my money anyway.  The other three lines will be canceled in the coming months.  Goodbye Verizon. 

0 Likes