Why do I keep getting a Smart Family updating data notification?
JOZEFOW

This question has been asked by me and others in this forum with no answer from Verizon. Every day, multiple times a day, I get a notification that says Verizon Smart Family is updating data. I cannot dismiss this notification. It does go away when I open the smart family app. It comes back in a few hours. I had been using Smart Family with my daughter's phone for a month or so before this notification began appearing. One day it appeared and it has been regular since then. I have data and time limits on her phone. Why does this notification appear?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep getting a Smart Family updating data notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too, and I understand your concerns regarding the Smart Family updating data notification outlined in your post Catherine. I am committed to resolving this issue for you. Let's get some additional information.

You indicate that you have been using the Smart Family application for a month. When did this notification issue start?

Did you notice if this issue started after updating or installing a specific application or software?

What is your phone model?

Do you have the latest version of the Smart Family application installed on your phone?

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having this same issue too.  I have the smart family app and my kids have the companion app on their phones.  Only my phone gets this message.  It says "updating Verizon smart family data ".  It is a notification that cannot be swiped away and it also puts a little icon up at the top.   When I open the Smart family app it then goes away, but comes right back sometimes within minutes and other times a few hours or the next day.  I have used the smart family app for many years and this issue has only recently started within the last few months.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android version 6.0.1and the smart family Family Base app is version 8.54 #3137.

0 Likes
JOZEFOW

Notification issue began around early October.

I didn't notice if the notification started in conjunction with installing another app. It seemed to just pop up one day. And every day since.

My phone is LG G7 ThinQ

I am using Smart Family version 8.5.4 #3137

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details mnjclark, they are helpful. At this point, you will want to contact the developer directly. Here is that email address: verizonsmartfamily@verizonwireless.com Please include the description of your issue in the email. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Rosanne_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gregl_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate those details, JOZEFOW. So we can make sure the application is up to date, please go into your 'Google Play Store' app and in the upper left corner tap the icon with 3 lines and choose the 'My Apps & Games' and see what apps need updating.

Also, let's take a look at the actual notification settings. Please go into your 'Settings' and choose 'Apps & notifications' and then 'Notifications'. Next select 'Apps' scroll down and choose 'Smart Family' and let me know what you have listed there.

Greg_VZW

0 Likes