Unknown callers/unknown numbers still coming through
Viper20184

I have the Smart Family setup on my main line and connected device. I go into my number/phone in the app and have the "Block private and restricted texts and calls" turned on but I am still receiving calls from unknown callers or unknown numbers (on the iphone, these are coming up without a phone number so I cant manually add each to a blocked list on my phone). What do I have to do to stop these types of calls. I thought this feature was supposed to stop these. I have the app setup to be allowed to block calls but it is not doing this. I have 5-6 calls today as early as 8AM.. on a Sunday. This is getting annoying and want to have the power to block these.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unknown callers/unknown numbers still coming through
mikechaz

Found the app, "Shall I answer", on google play.  It uses your contacts list to regulate calls coming in.  I had to add couple of my doctors and others that might want to contact me, but it seems to work to block unwanted phone calls.  It blocks them then display them to see if you want to add them to your contacts.

0 Likes
Viper20184

Ive tried a few apps like that on my iPhone as well.. it doesnt seem to have any luck in blocking calls that are coming into the phone as unknown number (where if you try to see the phone number of the caller).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble blocking the private and restricted calls/text. It sounds like you're getting a lot of extra calls today so let's gather some information to help ensure those calls and messages stop right away. Are the text messages show any numbers at all or are they showing blocked, private, or restricted? Also, what zip code are you having receiving these calls and text from? In areas with roaming the extra features like Smart Family can have trouble. Lastly, have you powered the phone off and back on after enabling the block? This can help get the service working.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes