Unable to pair Smart Family Companion with my Smart Family App
Jonboy64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a verizon iPhone 8S and my child has an iPhone 7x. I keep attempting to pair them and I cant. When I send the text, she receives it ok. I click on the link and it brings up the family companion app, but has a message stating. Safari cannot open the page because he address is invalid.  When I click ok, a little window opens stating Open in App Store. I click ok and the App Store opens. I click on the download icon Then click on  the open icon. It says verifying device and then brings up the screen :install VPN profile. It says to tap allow and click Continue. So I click on Continue and  then get the message “SOMETHING WENT WRONG. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. So I click on. OK and it takes me back to the same message.. What am I doing wrong.? How do I FIX THIS PROBLEM?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to pair Smart Family Companion with my Smart Family App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonboy64, we're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues paring the Smart Family Companion app to your child's device. We know how important it is to be able to set up this feature, and we're here to help.

Please tell us, is the device software and the application up to date? Have you tried clearing your history and cookies through Safari? 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
CGRA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a solution to this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CGRA, we want to make sure you are able to seamlessly pair the Smart Family Companion with the Smart Family App. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. What is the Make/Model of your device? Can you please describe the issue you are experiencing? We are here to help.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
bweems

I am also having this problem. My child has an iphone 8 and I have the 7plus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello being on top of your Smart Family services is vital, especially if you cannot pair the Smart Family Companion. When did the issue start (were you able to pair it before)? What recent changes have you made? What exactly happens when you try to pair it?

0 Likes
dwboygenius

Having the same issue with iPhone 6s. Worked fine a couple months ago. Now I get "server error" messages

0 Likes
EJSimpson

"Having the same issue with iPhone 6s. Worked fine a couple months ago. Now I get "server error" messages."

We have the same problem with our son's iPhone 6s.  This is very confusing and troubling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwboygenius, we want to ensure you can pair the iPhone 6s on your account as needed. Do you know if there's a current restriction in place on the 6s that would prevent us from communicating with that device for the pairing such as a text or data block or text/data restriction within certain hours? If so, if you remove the restriction temporarily and then retry the pairing do you obtain the same response? 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would equally be confused to see why my Smart Family will not unpair. This does not sound right at all. I would love to help. How did you try to remove the feature? Online or on the phone? Are you doing it on the parent's line? 

0 Likes