Strange unknown contact showing
kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of the lines on VSF recently showed a new unknown contact In a way I've never seen one displayed before. Any ideas why this is happening?Screenshot_20190916-150731_Smart Family.jpg

0 Likes
Re: Strange unknown contact showing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaleandean, we would be happy to look into this further for you, but I am unable to see the picture you attached at this time. Can you please describe how it is being displayed? EricaG_VZW

kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry I was not aware anyone responded.  Hopefully you're still able to solve this for me. Below is what is displayed. Substituting actual phone number digits with zeros in bold.The first line has a familiar phone number complete with area code and US country code +1 in at the front. The second line has the area code and the prefix of a local phone number but everything after the zeros all the way to the end I have no idea what that means.

sip:+100000000000x3Brn

=+1000000@icscf1.pnw39

.volte.vzims.com:50600x3Btran

sport=udp0x3Buser=phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, kaleadean! We certainly understand your concern and we know it can be concerning to receive these calls, and we want to help you as much as we can. Can you please elaborate further? When did you start receiving these calls? Can you clarify what VSF means? 

RachelM_VZW

kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is being displayed in the call log history from the Verizon Safe Family app on the parent (Me) end coming from one of the four phone lines on my account. This only happens with incoming calls so far from two different numbers both known contacts but of course not displayed like this. The first time this happened was Sept 16th. Probably happened about 4-5 times total. 

Tags (1)
Calebson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem

kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Caleb, I've gotten responses but no answers. I did come across a very similar situation on dslreports.com but there isn't much of an answer there either. There is a detailed explanation for what exactly the CDR aka Call Detail Record, contains. There is a bug somewhere in the software that is causing the CDR to show on our end the way we are seeing it. If the bug wasn't there then we would just see the phone number. However, I would like to know why this bug is here to begin with, is this intentionally being done on my end by a family member? Is this intentionally being done on the other end by I have no idea who? Or is this just a glitch?

Here is the link to the post. I asked the same question you asked me at the very bottom a few days ago and haven't been responded too there either. Stewart is the poster with all the knowledge on this stuff but even with that it doesn't explain what is exactly is going on. I've had my concerns that the phone line this is happening with may have a voip number connected to it but I have no idea how to find that out.

kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that we clarify your concerns regarding SIP Calls. A SIP Call is just a way to identify where the number originated from. These can be calls made over the internet or through an IP address. These calls can also be made through an email address.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes