SmartFamily text blocking
sparky192837

I just installed SmartFamily on my daughter’s iPhone yesterday.  The child app is installed and paired.

During bedtime and when the Internet is paused, SMS text messaging to and from all contacts still works on the child device.  Based on the documentation, it seems that calling and texting should be blocked when Internet is paused or bedtime is in effect, except for trusted contacts.  I can see in the SmartFamily log that these text messages are being sent and received, even though the device is paused.  (And it is not with a trusted contact.)

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SmartFamily text blocking
deloused
Master - Level 3

Pausing the Internet  just stops the phone’s access to websites and apps that use the internet, but you could set time restrictions in Smart Family to restrict calls and texts

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Pausing the Internet  just stops the phone’s access to websites and apps that use the internet, but you could set time restrictions in Smart Family to restrict calls and texts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that SmartFamily is a very important service, and we would love to get more details in order to help you. Are other blocks working? Have you tested if the messages or calls are working when there is a block active? 

AaronS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes