Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,426 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: Smart family message "content filters are not working"
DEBDAM88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My child has a phone that is paid for several years now.  Everything was working properly until Verizon decided to switch family controls to a new app that DOES NOT work.  Children need to learn to properly use technology.  They need to be able to learn how to make good choices with parent oversight . A "dumb" phone is NOT a solution.

Verizon is aware that there is a problem.  Their solution is to refund fees.  I wish they would FIX their app!

DEBDAM88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone confirm that this issue has been resolved?  Verizon credited my account and removed Smart Family from my plan.  They were supposed to let me know when the issue was resolved.  I called Verizon customer service today & after I said I would be changing carriers Jasmine told me the issue has been resolved.

Before I go thru the hassle of changing carriers, can a USER kindly confirm if it has been resolved?

Greatly appreciated!!!!

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the importance of having a feature work as it needs to, DEBDAM88. I am happy to assist. I looked into our known system and feature issues and see that the Smart Family feature is working as it should. Please re-download the application and set up the content filter settings. If you do run into any troubles, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mnjclark
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, the smart family features are NOT working as they should.  My son's phone keeps texting me that "xxxx's content filters are not working...."  It asks me to access their phone and "fix" it.  I've accused him a couple times already of turning the filter off.  He says he isn't.  He shouldn't have access to be able to do that.  And, I shouldn't have to keep accessing his phone to fix it.  If I have to continually access his phone - what's the point of the content filter?   I could just look at what he's doing on his phone.

Please fix the app!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mnjclark. We want to ensure your specified settings stay the way you have set them. Is your app updated? Also, have you tried deleting the app, and reinstalling it? 

0 Likes
Aprilgutierrez1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son's phone is having this problem.   It's constant.   I have spent all week trying to get his companion application to work right.   I know he has done certain things to turn the companion app off.  Still even when I'm sure he hasn't reset something , it stops working.   I've wasted at least 20 hours on this so far.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it can be tiring to have to deal with the Smart Family application and it not working Aprilgutierrez1966. We don't want you to have to spend hours on end getting this fixed. You have reached the right person to help you. I have kids myself and I use this feature all the time. What exactly is going on with the companion application? How long has this been going on for? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
mackcasey2019

I recently downloaded and began to use the app as well.

i keep having the same issue, 

Verizon Smart Family: content filters were removed. Access their phone and tap this link to reactivate. https://vsf.app.link/fix

multie times a day...

i have to pair the phones again.this is ridiculous. I am not around my child 24/7 to constantly pair phones back up, nor should I have to be constantly pairing the phones back together

Will be looking for a 3rd party app.

0 Likes
ssmith0130

I have been having this issue off and on since forever. 

I really thought my child was doing something to make it happen. I'm simultaneously relieved and a little ticked that it's actually the app itself. 

Is there a solution? I mean, OTHER than re-downloading and re-pairing the device every time I want to use the features of the app (which defeats the purpose and convenience of the app)? 

Has anyone heard something that works for longer than a day? 

(yes my phone is up to date, as is my child's. Yes, we have deleted and reinstalled the apps.) 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ssmith0130,

The last thing we want is for our Smart Family application to anger you. Dealing with this content filter error for as long as you have should not be the scenario. Let's move forward towards a solution for you. To address this with the proper party, can you please elaborate on when this message pops up on your child's device? Do you see a trend with a certain activity that triggers the message? To be clear, are you getting a message that states "content filters are not working" or "content filters have been removed"?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes