Re: Smart Family and Instagram not working
RMCPHIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am having the same problem.  My son can go to instagram, but the images are not loading.  I have Smart Family on his line with most of the restrictions turned off, so Instagram should not be blocked.  Again, he can go to the site or use the app, but the images aren't loading.  Do I need to unblock more websites that are the source of instagram images?

RMCPHIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting development -- I found out Instagram images will load if I also unblock Facebook and Messenger on the Social Media tab of Smart Family.  I switched that setting on and off and it made Instagram images work and not work, so I know that setting is correlated.

Not ideal, but at least it's a workaround.

Tags (1)
Ecrail4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your post! Unblocking facebook worked for me too. It was driving me crazy and I kept updating all the sites I blocked and was not getting any results. Appreciate your help!

0 Likes
SIOKIZ91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow a better answer than the verizon reps!  Thanks.

Wendi2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  It seems wifi doesn't work when using the smart family companion app.  I just finally got the companion app working on my daughter's phone.  She now can't scroll on instagram or on you tube.  I'm not going to continue to pay for this if she can't use her phone.  I do not have either of these blocked.

0 Likes
DMP01

This totally worked. My kid hasn’t been able to get onto Instagram for weeks 

thank you!

0 Likes