Smart Family VPN Disrupts Google Photos and Google Messages
kmill2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon Smart Family VPN on my phone is disrupting the download of all my pictures from google photos. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9.

When I select download from the google photos app, my phone says it's downloading but then it never actually downloads. I have tried this countless times and I always get the same result.

The same thing happens in google messages. Google rolled out its new RCS messaging service and it will not work on my phone due to the VPN. That status indicator shows that it refuses to connect.

I know that it is the VPN causing all these troubles because when it is off my phone, these services work perfectly. I also turned off all of the content filters and this issue still prevailed. The minute I put the VPN back on the same issues occurred. This service is great for monitoring but I will not use it if it prevents me from using the basic functions of my phone.

Re: Smart Family VPN Disrupts Google Photos and Google Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, kmill2019. We want you to be able to use Smart Family in conjunction with the basic functions of your phone. I will send a Private Message in order to gather more details. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Leyngav
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having that issue as well and would like assistance.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes