Smart Family Activity not showing son's activity
lindsay13

When I look at my son's activity it show's nothing for calls and text but when I physically check his phone there are calls and texts, what am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family Activity not showing son's activity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lindsay13,

As a parent, I understand the importance of being able to monitor a childs phone usage. Let's work together to see if we can determine why you're unable to view your son's activity and get it working. To start, what method(phone app or website on a computer) are you using to log into Smart Family? What model device does your son have? Have you ever been able to view his activity? 

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lindsay13

ShawnteJ_VZW, thank you for the reply. Below are the answers to your questions:

what method(phone app or website on a computer) are you using to log into Smart Family? 

I have used both the phone app and the website

What model device does your son have?

He has the iphone 6s

Have you ever been able to view his activity?

The first day I was able to see his text and call activity but after that nothing.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

He might be using all iMessages and other applications to route that activity through the data usage instead of the voice and text network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snflwr4

I have the same problem. It shows he used 6 texts. I texted him several times and those don't show up. Worked as of 9:30 this am.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snflwr4, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we certainly want to help with the Smart Family feature. I see you mentioned it was working at some point, so let's get to the bottom of this.

What make and model phone does the child have? Please confirm yours as well. What zip code were you guys currently located in when the trouble started? Have you recently made any changes (updated the app or software)?

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes