Restricted calls still getting through.
TORONTO75

I have family base(Smart Family) and I have "Block restricted, unavailable, and private numbers" checked, yet restricted calls still come through. Is this a bug, or is there something else I have to do to block these numbers from calling me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restricted calls still getting through.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TORONTO75, I can certainly understand the importance of making sure that blocked and restricted calls are not going through if you have them restricted. I apologize for this inconvenience and I want to make sure that we can set you up for success moving forward. When did restricted and blocked numbers begin to come through since adding the Smart Family application? What is the make and model of your device? Are all devices that currently have call restrictions with Verizon Smart Family experiencing this issue?

Please click on the following link for more information on setting blocked and restricted numbers: http://spr.ly/6584Devtm

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TORONTO75

I first noticed restricted calls coming through last week. The caller id says "Restricted Number", and doesn't show the telephone number. The phone with the issue is a Droid Maxx 2. I set the account to block restricted numbers via Smart Family on Verizon's website. Its not blocked on the device level, and I assumed that would be controlled server side from Verizon. There is another phone with restricted numbers blocked, but that phone is usually off so I cannot tell if it would also have that issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This feature certainly comes in handy, TORONTO75. When you go into this line's setting on Family Base, is the block restricted, unavailable and unknown numbers toggled ON? Has this ever worked for your line? Has the phone been powered off and back on since updating this setting?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GINAPT

I had the same problem called technical support at Verizon..after 3 separate 2 hour troubleshooting calls..wasted over 6 hours of my time..they could not fix it...I realized that I had called 911 from my phone which removed all smart family settings...I went into settings of smart damilf and reset everything to block restricted calls and restarted my phone...still did not work but after I tried moving toggle switch to block and unblock several times I tried calling from restricted and it kept going through when toggle switch said it was blocked...I put toggle switch on unblocked and guess whst..it worked...!!!! No restricted calls went through and a recording played saying  this phone doesn't accept blocked numbers..

0 Likes