Not able to lock
dksmith971

My daughter's activity seems to be showing up, but when we tried "locking" the phone it didn't work.  The Family Companion App shows up as being installed from Google Play - it just says uninstall.  We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still does not show up anywhere in her apps.

I just want to be able to lock her phone at bedtime and this does not seem to be working for that.  We're still with the first free month, but will NOT be paying for this service if I can't lock her phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to lock
Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which phone does she have?

0 Likes
dksmith971

Galaxy S5 - she's running Lollipop on it.

0 Likes
Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Think it hides on purpose, but it should work on the S5. 

How to Use Guide: Verizon FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

THe guide is above.

0 Likes
dksmith971

I've been there.  The picture that has you choosing the Safeguards - well - that option doesn't show up on her phone.  They seem to be linked as I see all the activity - but when I try to lock her phone, it fails to do so. 

0 Likes
Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not right.   Time to try *611 and ask for help.  There is no reason it shouldn't work once installed and set up .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dksmith971, I'm a parent myself so I am quite familiar with wanting to limit a kid's access to their phone.  When you say you want to lock the phone at certain times, can you be more specific?  Do you actually want to prevent them from being able to access it at all or do you simply want calls and data to be unavailable?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes