Kids using safe mode to get around security
DVAZZO

Please help, I am trying to control my son's phone use with different systems and software but the kid keeps getting around it.  It turns out he is restarting the phone in safe mode and just removing any apps or settings he doesn't like.  How can I stop him from doing that?  I have Smart Family and anything else you can get, but if he can use safe mode it won't work.  What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kids using safe mode to get around security
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness! I can certainly understand waiting to keep your son's phone secure. Our Smart Family feature is the best option we have to add additional security. May I ask what phone your son is using, so that I can look to see if there are any additional options? Can you provide me with more insight on what restrictions you're trying to apply towards his device? 

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DVAZZO, I certainly recognize how important it is to be able to control your son's phone use. I will be glad to provide assistance. Regrettably, since safe mode is an integrated feature of smartphones, there is no option to disable safe mode. Given your son's intuitive nature to counter-act your attempts thus far, I recommend changing the home Wi-Fi password, and setting a Data Target for his line of service via the instructions under item 4 "How do I set up a Data Target?" https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/ Let us know if this helps.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a very last resort...and I mean when all else has failed...the smartphone could be taken away and replaced with a feature phone. He'll lose Internet access, but, he will still be able to make & receive calls, text & access Email.