I want FamilyBase data limits to behave like new plan: lowered data rate when exceeded
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to limit a child's data usage per billing cycle to a set amount, and after that amount lower the data rate to 128kbps, just like the new plans do when the entire data allowance for all phones on the plan is exhausted.

How do I set up this behavior in FamilyBase?  The only options I see are to allow more data usage (at full speed) or stop all data usage (which prevents things like Find my Friends from working).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want FamilyBase data limits to behave like new plan: lowered data rate when exceeded
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a web chat with a representative today, asked the rep to send up a feature request for family base with reduced data rate instead of hard stop.

View solution in original post

Re: I want FamilyBase data limits to behave like new plan: lowered data rate when exceeded
deloused
Master - Level 3

Reduced speed functionality isn't a function of family base, its the safety mode feature. It is included with the new verizon plans with 16gb & higher, and also available for $5 on the 2, 4 or 8gb levels.

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a shame.  If I could get this behavior with FamilyBase and the new plans, I'd switch.

How does one make a product suggestion to Verizon in a way that they actually look at it and consider it and reply with their plans to address it?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That would be nice functionality to have! I'd say the most effective way would be to contact the family base application developer at Verizon directly to request that option. In the application store when you pull up the family base app and scroll down by the bottom there's a link to email the development team.

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alas, from the iTunes store, going to "developer web site" goes to a generic page about the My Verizon Mobile app, so I can't file a feature request directly with the dev team--I have to use the "contact us" link to request this feature.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

The 'contact' link is the best one, it would send them an email in which you could include your feature request and why it would be a helpful thing to have added.

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

The contact us link at verizon's web site has no e-mail option, only chat, forums, and phone.

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a web chat with a representative today, asked the rep to send up a feature request for family base with reduced data rate instead of hard stop.