How long does it take for the Internet Spam Blocking to take effect? And what exactly does entering the URL for a domain do?
John1721

I entered a URL in the Internet Spam Blocking area and it does appear to be working or showing up why I log into MY Verizon on my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How long does it take for the Internet Spam Blocking to take effect? And what exactly does entering the URL for a domain do?
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

On my experience that works instantly unless you set it up around 12am to 3am, as that time is bad (I think their website updates during those hours so the effect is delayed) and regarding the URL, if you put a website there then that site won't be able to send you email messages to your phone or text messages. This is the link you are using right? My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: How long does it take for the Internet Spam Blocking to take effect?  And what exactly does entering the URL for a domain do?
John1721

Thanks for the response Pro,

The interaction between and cell layers is still a bit of mystery to me.

Some sites have a built in chat function that I was trying to block which is why I was looking for an way to to prevent it.

The My Verizon app doen't show that the site is block, which lead me to ask about the timimng.  It has been several hours and it still doen't show up there.

It sounds like there is no way to block these annoyanves, because it not really an email or text, but an internal function of the site.

Again, Thanks for the info.

v/r

John

0 Likes
Re: How long does it take for the Internet Spam Blocking to take effect? And what exactly does entering the URL for a domain do?
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

You are most welcome! And thank you for the update as well, your situation is now more clearer to me. I believe there's still a way to block that annoying web chat boxes, what browser are you using?

(In my case I use google chrome and the web plugin called 'ublock' I use it to block certain ads or even chat boxes on other websites and put it on the saved list, that way when I re-visit the site, the items are auto blocked) Smiley Happy

0 Likes