How do I see the actual texts themselves, not just the text number and time?
SCODAN75

I have signed up for Family Base.  How do I see the actual texts themselves, not just the text number and time?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base texts
Weth
Legend

It is familybase not familyspy Smiley Happy   I realize we worry appropriately about out children and this is a common question on this forum.

There are many messaging and chat apps that are used today. Texting only shows one type, the traditional SMS. Even if you can see the actual texts, you will fool yourself into thinking you know what is going on. Kids will just start using other forms of chatting or messaging that would not be in the SMS logs. They are likely doing this already and will certainly do it if they feel their texts are being read.

The only safe and sure way to know what is going on with a child's phone is to have physical access to the phone, with passcodes to see what is being sent and received on all the apps that are used for communications - snapchat, facebook messenger, imessages, Instagram, WhatsApp - these are just a few of the ways the kids communication and none of this shows up as regular text.

Having said all that, You can get message + from Verizon on a computer. https://web.vma.vzw.com

Keep in mind this will only show one person at a time, the phone number you are going to look at will get a text message confirming they know messages are being shared on a web browser, and a code will need to be entered as sent to the number that is being observed the first time it is being used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Monitoring and keeping your family safe is important for me as well. In regards to Family base you would not be able to access the full text message. In order to get a transcript you would need to have a subpoena provided in order to see this information.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It is familybase not familyspy Smiley Happy   I realize we worry appropriately about out children and this is a common question on this forum.

There are many messaging and chat apps that are used today. Texting only shows one type, the traditional SMS. Even if you can see the actual texts, you will fool yourself into thinking you know what is going on. Kids will just start using other forms of chatting or messaging that would not be in the SMS logs. They are likely doing this already and will certainly do it if they feel their texts are being read.

The only safe and sure way to know what is going on with a child's phone is to have physical access to the phone, with passcodes to see what is being sent and received on all the apps that are used for communications - snapchat, facebook messenger, imessages, Instagram, WhatsApp - these are just a few of the ways the kids communication and none of this shows up as regular text.

Having said all that, You can get message + from Verizon on a computer. https://web.vma.vzw.com

Keep in mind this will only show one person at a time, the phone number you are going to look at will get a text message confirming they know messages are being shared on a web browser, and a code will need to be entered as sent to the number that is being observed the first time it is being used.

0 Likes
KIMFEI74

How do you change which number you see?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You must log in with that other numbers My Verizon account.

0 Likes