How can a number show up in one place but not the other?
808hawaii22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under my account I have 4 phones. My phone is the account holder line the rest are my kids. One of my kids phones is no longer being used by him but is still in service and in my posession.  I noticed the other day that a text was sent to the phone number of said phone because of the Verizon smart family app. It is in the apps incoming text log both on the phone app and on the Verizon website.  However, the incoming unknown number which has a 702 area code does not show up anywhere on my Verizon's usage page. Not only that it does not show up on the phone it's being sent to OR on desktop messages. How does that even happen? It is a legit phone number of Verizon's because I called it and I got the recording saying this person has not set up their VM yet. I am not a resident of Nevada either. Is anyone able to explain this even a little bit?

Re: How can a number show up in one place but not the other?
808hawaii22
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one has any idea?

deloused
Master - Level 3

Nope

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

808hawaii22 , we apologize for the text message issue you experienced with the phone your son used to use. We are confident that we can solve this mystery. When you reviewed the usage details of the line in question online, did you happen to see a different phone number around the time the 702 area code text message received?   JacobV_VZW

808hawaii22
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ deloused

I get the impression you think unhelpful is helpful. 

808hawaii22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20191116-142313_Smart Family.jpgScreenshot_20191116-142512_Smart Family.jpg

Thank you JacobV for responding.

If you are asking if there are any other unknown numbers that I have observed aside from this 702 number contacting my sons old phone the answer is NO.

The phone has only been in my posession for a week or two. Son of my sons friends still call it or text once in a while and he has texted me with his new phone to his old phone on a couple occasions but aside from the 702 number any other person contacting this phone is a known contact/friend. 

I included two screen shots of the number, first one shows it registering in the text log with the date and time of text under the Family Parent App and the second one shows it registering as #32 under top contacts.

It cannot be found anywhere else though. I am baffled. As I said in my original post I called the number from my own personal phone and it rang a few times until the verizon message came on saying they have not set up their VM yet, GOODBYE!

This is the strangest occurance so far with this phone but this is not the first time something strange has been observed. It's actually like the 10th. I'm just guessing but yeah, lots more where this one came from.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

808hawaii2, Thanks for checking back in. When you look at your usage, are there any known users sending messages that match up time-wise with the mystery messages? Also, what is the make & model of the phone? EricW_VZW

808hawaii22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Eric,

The phone is a Samsung galaxy s5. There happen to be a few more unusual occurrences as well as this one with this phone line. Not too sure what is responsible for them, the device or the number?

And I have not observed any contacts known or not known calling or text at the same time. 

Is it possible a Voip line is connected to this line somehow? If how then is there a way I can look somewhere in the setting to find out how exactly that work?

0 Likes